Desktop Support Engineer (Field-based)
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client, a blue chip IT company, is currently seeking a Mobile Desktop Support Engineer to work on various customer accounts in SW England & South Wales. This is a full-time, permanent role, Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week (generally 9am-5.15pm), to start ASAP. The role is paying up to £28,000 per annum, pro rata, depending on experience.
To work in a team of mobile desktop support engineers on various accounts providing support for EUWS. The applicant should be professional, well presented, have good knowledge of the popular software packages and hardware, possess good communication skills and demonstrate an ability to work well on their own, as well as in a team. Part of the mobile role will be to provide back-fill on various accounts when required, with various time finishes.
Areas of work would be Bristol, Exeter, Clevedon, Weymouth, Portland, Gloucester, Swindon, Cardiff area and presently Rhymney. The majority of activity is in the SW and Bristol area, so candidates ideally need to be geographically based in or near Bristol.
To ensure that all EUC devices are built and deployed and that continuation of support is then provided;
- Ensure all IMACs are completed on time.
- Ensure all incidents are completed on time.
- Work to stringent SLA's and remaining calm whilst doing so.
- Escalate any issues to management teams
- Resolution of PC software and basic hardware issues (battery swap, hdd swap etc.)
- Building (o/s and required software) and deploying PCs (desktop and notebook)
- Relocation of equipment.
- Communication through call logging system or by account leadership
- Full, valid UK driving license
- The ability to participate in an on-call rota. Flexibility is key
- You must presently hold or have the ability to successfully apply for and gain security clearance at SC level (further details will be provided upon application)
A good knowledge/experience in the below;
- MS windows Operating Systems
- MS office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook 2007\2010)
- Remote desktop takeover tools
- Awareness of racking and cabling switches plus console connections and basic script configuration.
- Awareness of racking, stacking and cabling servers
- Experience of LAN/WAN and standard troubleshooting principles.
- Desktop/printer configurations
- Knowledge of call logging tools
- Good communication/relationship skills
- Familiar with processes and procedures
- Experience of working in a IT support environment
- Knowledge of hand-held devices
- Good organisation and administration skills
- Self-disciplined with a methodical approach to tasks.
- Able to adapt to change
- Good customer facing skills.
Apply for Desktop Support Engineer (Field-based)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly