PA to VP
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation; our clients are currently looking for an experienced PA to VP based at our client's prestigious facility in Leatherhead. This is a temporary part-time role to start asap for a 6month period, working 14 hours over 4 days a week. This role is paying up to £30,875 per annum, pro rata, depending on experience.
Background & Main Job Purpose:
This role supports the VP Supply Chain UK&I and also works co-operatively and flexibly with other members of the Supply Chain (SC) team, both in country and regionally.
The role requires a PA who is a pro-active self-starter, able to forge strong working relationships across a diverse SC network (both internal and external) and be the 'face' of the teams (s)he supports. (S)he must be capable of managing his/her own time effectively, and keep the VP updated on issues arising in their absence. (S)he must have excellent organisation, prioritisation and administration skills and ideally have experience of working with teams and contacts remotely.
- Managing diary competing priorities, keeping track of the daily schedule and plan meetings accordingly
- Screening, redirecting and responding to queries/requests for information from all parts of the organisation on non-technical issues and escalate where necessary
- Organising and preparing meeting materials in a timely and accurate manner
- Preparing presentations and other documents
- Process all requisitions, expenses and invoicing using relevant systems
- Liaison with internal customers and external contacts - developing knowledge of key individuals (also including PA networks across the company)
- Working flexibly outside of core hours as appropriate
- Organising local and international meetings and travel arrangements including preparation of itineraries, visas, etc.
- Keeping informed of key substantive workstreams and team members' deliverables to ably redirect queries and share information with stakeholders as appropriate
- Pro-actively tackling issues related to administrative processes to ensure speed and efficiency. Coordinate/render certain general administrative services for the team e.g. archiving (hard/electronic), ensuring seamless provision of utilities and supplies (stationery etc), reporting of defects, etc. and developing new, efficient approaches to meet changing needs
Skills/ Experience/ Qualifications:
- This role requires proven experience as a Personal Assistant or top level secretary and preferably experience working in a regional or global organisation. It requires discretion and confidentiality.
- Previous experience working with a large number of stakeholders internally and externally within an International framework.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are important, plus experience in managing office processes and where necessary, developing new approaches to meeting changing needs.
- Critically, you must be well organised, able to prioritise tasks of high complexity and have the ability to build relationships with an international network and key stakeholders across different levels in and out of the organisation.
- Initiative to think around how to help the team to be as time-efficient as possible
- You must be comfortable working in a virtual environment and building collaboration with people from different cultures around the world.
- Excellent in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Power Point, SharePoint
- Ability to quickly acquire new IT skills to utilise key company software and systems
- You must be flexible, have a high degree of maturity, self-confidence with strong interpersonal skills.
- Calm - able to cope with constant change in plans
- Trustworthy and sensitive when exposed to confidential information
- Bias for Action
- Accountability and Responsibility
- Growth Mindset
- Customer and consumer focus