2 days left
Senior Sous Chef position available to start in April 2018 for a prestigious school based in Oxford. You will assist the Head Chef in overall management and control of the Kitchen and lead the catering team in his absence. Your role will be fundamental in maintaining and further developing the skills of the Kitchen team.
- Maintain & improve standards of service in relation to all procedures, staff and food production
- Ensure that catering deadlines are met
- To ensure that the operation complies with all current Health & Safety and Food Safety regulations and any additional requirements laid down.
- Assist in the implementation and monitoring of all departmental training & development plans
- To supervise, motivate, coach & team build
- Provide assistance to the Head Chef with functions and other arranged events
- In the Head Chefs absence and in conjunction with the management team, lead the Kitchen Brigade
- Provide assistance to the Catering Manager and Assistant Catering Manager or department in any area that is suited to your experience or skill set
- Assist in the implantation of all COSHH and HACCP Regulations
- You will be expected to step in and cover staff sickness and shortfalls, which could be at short notice
- Maintain and encourage in others the strictest of hygiene disciplines
- Attend mandatory training days/courses, on or off site, as and when required
You will work on a 48 week contract with working hours of 40 per week. These are straight shifts not split and will include the occasional weekend. Your holiday entitlement is 5.6 weeks which will need to be taken during school holidays.
You will receive excellent benefits including:
- Life insurance 3 x gross salary
- 3% contribution to pension
- Meals provided during your working hours
- Full Uniform including safety shoes
- Access to swimming pool during term time
Please contact Lianne for more details or apply online and I will be in touch, an enhanced DBS check will be required.
Apply for Sous Chef
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly