Plant Fitter - Field Based - Nottingham and across the UK
NOTTINGHAM AND FIELD BASED
BASIC SALARY - £23,423.40
OVERTIME - £17.33 PER HOUR
AVERAGE WORKING WEEK (NOT WINTER SEASON) - 75 HOURS = £1,074.33 PER WEEK
Salary & Benefits
- £11.55 per hr (£23,423.40 basic)
- 1.5x for overtime (£17.33 per hr)
- £55 overnight allowance - this is paid but need to submit receipts for it to be tax free. Fitter will need to source their own accommodation.
- Van - constant use but not personal when at home - Fuel Card and service covered
- Work mobile
- PPE (Personal Protective Equipment
- 39 hours per week
- Anything over will be paid at 1.5x rate
- When away will be 12 straight days and then home for a weekend from the Thursday/Friday
- Most fitters work an average of 75 hours a week when at an away location which is for a lot of the year (not winter)
- A 75 hour week would equate to (£11.55 x39) + (£17.33 x 36) = £1074.33
- + the additional £55 per night - costs of accomodation and food
Location & Travel Requirments
- Multiple locations across England, Scotland and Wales.
- Projects could last from 6 weeks to 6 months to 3 years.
- Once on a project there will be an understanding of how long they will be required at that site so will usually be aware of where they will be working for months in advance.
- In winter months most of the equipment is brought back to the NDC (national distribution centre) which is based at Newton, Nottinghamshire. During this time the fitter will be based there.
- Some on call work may be required at various locations (doesn't happen very often) at sites that don't have a permanent fitter.
Summary of Role
We are recruiting for the role of Plant Fitter within the Power business area, supporting the Plant & Equipment Department in the plant workshop and but primarily across various operational sites throughout the UK.
The main purpose of this role is to maintain and repair plant equipment in accordance with Workshop Management procedures and maintenance schedules.
As a Plant Fitter your responsibilities will include:
- The inspection, repair and maintenance of all plant equipment including, but not limited to, winches, tractor units, all-terrain vehicles, HGV's and vehicle mounted cranes.
- Effectively complete and submit documentation, recording all work carried out on plant equipment in accordance with Workshop Management procedures.
- The carrying out of scheduled maintenance and planned inspections.
- To compile legible and comprehensive inspection reports and carry out structured investigations on damage and failures of components.
- Working on Electrical, Hydraulic systems and Mechanical repairs
- Welding and Fabricating
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to work alone or as part of team
- Be able to adapt to new systems of work
- Be conscientious with an attention to detail
- Be prepared to travel and stay away from home
- Have a full driving licence
- Have previous experience of working with plant and equipment
- Must have experience of working with diesel plant equipment, hydraulics', Electrics and braking systems
- Experience on winches, tractors, Hagglund's, HGV's and tracked / ATV vehicles is desirable.
- Driving licence is essential
- Experience of:
- Needs to be heavy vehicles/lorries.
- Ideally C&G/NVQ in heavy machinery or mechanics.
- Would look at newly qualified.
- NOT a car mechanic only.
- Needs to own their own hand mechanic tools such has spanners etc - if they don't then can have a further conversation with the Hiring Managers
Benefits of the Role
- Competitive Salary, with benefits and regular overtime
- Fully expensed company van
- Specific equipment supplied for the works