Manpower is recruiting for a Building Craftsman for our NHS client in Exeter. As the Building Craftsman you will be working as part of the estate team within the NHS to maintain and repair various carpentry and joinery issues across the site.
The duties of the Building Craftsman will be:
- Routine fault finding, testing, manufacturing, replacing, isolation, modifying, inspecting, improving, installing, maintaining and repairing of all building related services, plant and equipment in compliance with all good practice guides.
- Proficient in the safe usage of all hand, machine tools and equipment applicable to the trade
- Able to work alone without immediate supervision
- Able to guide and support assistant tradesman
- Able to carry out minor duties of other trades including electrical, engineering and plumbing
- Quick to respond to maintenance issues and requests
The personal specification of the Building Craftsman will be:
- Experienced with apprentice training as a carpenter and joiner
- NVQ level 3 training in a relevant discipline
- Able to carry out a wide variety of building tasks
- Experience of working within building services
As this role is based within a hospital the successful candidate will be required to complete some online training and a DBS check. The hours of work are between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday with no weekend working. If you are able to start immediately and would like your opportunity to register with Manpower please apply now.