HGV/LGV Vehicle Technicians - Heathrow - Temp to Perm - 6 mnths
1 day left
HGV/LGV VEHICLE TECHNICIANS
6 MONTH CONTRACT - POTENTIAL TO GO PERM
£33,180 PRO RATA + SHIFT ALLOWANCE OF £3,791.43
To carry out cost effective repairs and maintenance tasks on a wide range of vehicles
and equipment to a high standard and in a timely and efficient manner, whilst complying
with company policies and procedures and Health & Safety requirements.
- To undertake scheduled and unscheduled maintenance tasks on all applicable customer vehicles / Equipment (including light and heavy vehicles) in line with company and legal Health and Safety guidelines.
- Respond to all breakdowns in the designated time when allocated (if applicable).
- Ensure all relevant service sheets/job cards/paperwork and electronic records (if applicable) are fully completed, legible and accurate including working time and job code details.
- Liaise with the Workshop Office colleagues to provide updates on job status, progress and the processing of paperwork.
- Comply with Health and Safety Legislation and internal H&S procedures including use of company issued loan working alarms and company mobile phones.
- Ensure all Personal Protective Equipment is worn where necessary and is in good working order and condition.
- Ensure that all working areas i.e. Workshop, customer locations are kept clean and free from hazards wherever possible
- Ensure company vehicles are used in line with company policies / legal requirements and are kept clean and tidy after use.
- Undertake vehicle manoeuvring around the workshop or airport as and when required where trained to do so and in conjunction with appropriate licences held.
- Carry out other reasonable duties as required to support operational requirements.
- Nationally recognised Automotive Apprenticeship in Vehicle Repair or Technology
- City and Guilds Automotive Vehicle Servicing and Repair or Craft Studies Level 1,2,3
- BTEC diploma in Motor Vehicles
- NVQ 3 in Heavy Motor Vehicle or Plant Maintenance and Repair
- Technical certificates in Heavy Vehicles/Plant machinery / Light Vehicles / GSE Equipment
- Ability to work under pressurised conditions
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Full UK Manual Driving Licence.
- Diagnostic tool experience
- Must hold or be eligible to obtain a valid Airside Pass.
- Aviation or Transport Industry relevant experience
- LGV / PSV Licence
- Mercedes and Cummins engine experience
- Allison gearbox experience
If this is something you would be interested in, please give me a call on 01895 205493/01895 205409 or alternatively you can contact me at
Apply for HGV/LGV Vehicle Technicians - Heathrow - Temp to Perm - 6 mnths
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly