Position Vehicle Examiner
Salary £26,000 - £29,000
Hours Monday - Friday
My client is the UK's leading engineering support services organisation employing over 28,000 people across the world.
We are looking to recruit a Vehicle Examiner to join their team based at Lynham. This is a full time position and they are looking to pay the successful candidate £26,000 pa
Carrying out routine and bespoke vehicle examination and inspections to a wide range of advanced military wheeled, tracked vehicles, generators and vehicle based training aids. Also providing an "out inspection" and quality control service for workshop Vehicle Mechanic/Technicians ensuring all repairs, servicing and maintenance activities are completed to current MOD standards and compliant with VOSA/DofT inspection standards. All inspections, examinations and out inspections are to be carried out in accordance with current Health and Safety legislation, Army Equipment Support Publications (AESP's) and manufacturers handbooks.
* To carry out inspection, testing and examination of all operational, training vehicles and equipment held at DSEME as directed by the forecast of inspections and or priority based as dictated by the relevant Team Leader (TL) or Quality Engineer (QE).
* To carry out inspections when requested and/or required by the relevant TL or QE, whilst maintaining records of all inspections carried out .
* Must conduct In/Out vehicle, equipment and training Aid inspections.
* Receipt and disposal and any other bespoke inspections requested.
* All relevant Mandatory Safety Inspections (MSI(Based on a civilian MOT)) and relevant 857A/932T/932W/933 inspections.
* To conduct pre-inspections on vehicles being submitted for external inspection/examination.
* Inspections/examinations following modification and serious defect reports as directed by TL's or QE.
* Must produce a three monthly forecast of equipment inspections for scrutiny by all Departmental Heads.
* Must complete all necessary inspection reports in accordance with Statutory and Legislative policy, Army Equipment Support publications (AESP), Bespoke manufacturers manuals and Joint Support Publication 930 (JSP930).
* Must ensure all inspections, examinations and out inspections are fully and accurately recorded on the Joint Asset Management Equipment System (JAMES).
* Must ensure all mandatory JAMES equipment documentation is held and archived for internal and external audits.
* To ensure all rejected work identified on quality control is recorded and reported to the appropriate TL.
* Proficient at problem solving using technical knowledge and experience to obtain positive outcomes.
* Expected to work efficiently to achieve targets and specific deadlines set by Line Manager to achieve positive results.
* Must be able to operate as an individual and within a team to achieve positive results.
* Resourceful and Flexible able to adapt to changing priorities as necessary over entire range of supported equipment.
* Competent level of IT skills enabling proficient use of computer based vehicle management, diagnostic systems.
* Prepared for outdoor work and flexible working across all vehicle platforms to assist team ethos.
* Positively embrace and support Line manager requests that utilise your skill set/capability to achieve positive results.
* Any special to role training required would be provided this may require study/revision and practical assessments that you will be expected to successfully complete and pass.
* An individual tool kit, Personal Protective Equipment, Corporate Clothing and specialist stores support is provided.
* hardworking, reliable and driven striving to deliver their best with the ability to support and encourage colleagues to achieve the same high standards.
Expected to engage and actively participate in the company Personal Development Report (PDR) and Mid Year Review (MYR) process.
Technical Experience and Qualifications
* A recognised qualification in Automotive Engineering with a minimum C&G level 3 or BTEC/IMI/NVQ equivalent or has served in HM Armed Forces as a Vehicle Mechanic Class One. .
* In depth experience of LGV and/or tracked vehicles and systems.
* Driver Licence Cat 'B' minimum.
* Adept at IT and must be computer literate.
* VOSA approved MOT testing qualification
* Proficient JAMES operator.
* Driver Licence Cat C or C+E.
* Driver Licence Cat 'H'.
* Valid FMT 600