2 days left
We are recruiting for invigilators to cover our next exam period in May and July 2018 (and further exams in the future). The dates of the exams are week commencing 21st and 28th May and 30th July. You would also need to be available to attend a training session on either Wednesday 2nd May 10am to 12pm or Thursday 3rd May 9.30am to 11.30am based in the City Centre.
You will undertake the active invigilation role for examinations across three Faculties at Birmingham City University and ensure that examinations are conducted in accordance with all University regulations and protocols. The three locations you will be covering are: City Centre Campus - made up of the Curzon Building, Millennium Point and Parkside Building. City South Campus - Seacole Building, Westbourne Road, Edgbaston and City North - Perry Barr.
Due to the nature of the role and duties, we cannot accept applications from current BCU students.
Working hours and days: During examination periods you will need to be flexible in your availability every day from 8:00am to approx. 5.30pm. Examinations will normally take place Monday to Friday.
Please note that occasionally you may be scheduled to act as an invigilator for rooms with sole occupancy. Where this is the case, and the sole occupant does not attend the examination, we will endeavour assign you to support another exam session. If this is not possible, you will receive payment for the first hour. Please note that there are no additional expenses for travelling or parking.
Job purpose and responsibilities:
* Working as part of a team of invigilators, together with some support from administrative staff.
* Undertake the active invigilation role for examinations across the four Faculties at Birmingham City University.
* Ensure that examinations are conducted in accordance with all University regulations and protocols.
* You may be required to undertake other duties commensurate with the purpose of the post.
* You will be expected to be fully aware of the confidential nature of the role.
* On occasions, it may be necessary for the role-holder to exercise flexibility in their working pattern, to meet the organisational needs of the service.
Person Specification - Essential (E) and Desirable (D) skills and experience:
* Previous invigilation experience (E)
* Work based experience in an educational setting (E)
* Excellent reliability, punctuality and flexibility. (E)
* Excellent attention to detail. (E)
* Excellent communication and organisational skills. (E)
* Ability to work well upon own initiative, and independently, as well as part of a team. (E)
* The ability to remain calm under pressure, maintaining a professional demeanour. (E)
* Ability to listen and capture relevant information, and put into practice when necessary (E)
* Polite, as well as positive disposition (E)
* Studied in an FE or HE institution (D)
Apply for Exam Invigilation
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly