An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Production Planner working within the Manufacturing Industry to join a World leader in automotive refinishing products; we are currently looking for a Production Planner to work on site Wellingborough, NN8 2QH. This is a full time role, working a 40 hour week. This role is paying between £24-26K depending on experience. This role also offers a Company Pension, a holiday entitlement of 25 day per year plus nominated bank holidays.
U-POL is a World leader in automotive refinishing products specialising in fillers, coatings, aerosols, adhesives and paint related products. Recognised globally with sales in over 100 countries, U-POL is committed to consistently providing customers with high quality products that professional technicians demand. Our heritage and experience of nearly 70 years in the industry, coupled with our continued investment in state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities and reputation for innovation, ensures that your U-POL experience is nothing less than world class.
Responsible for ensuring weekly production schedules & mid-range (6-8 weeks) plans are created and updated to minimise cost, maximise efficiency and maintain high customer service levels. Stock levels to be maintained at levels as per the businesses expectations.
Support the Supply Planning Team in its duties and champion HSE, quality, cost, delivery and team development throughout the business.
- Engage and communicate effectively with shift managers and supervisors to agree & deliver production schedules on time in full in order that service and production performance are maintained at all times
- Develop and maintain systems and procedures to ensure compliance with all U-pol standards
- Liaise with the EMEA/Far East customer services teams & International Sales Leaders to effectively schedule & deliver large scale orders OTIF to meet deep sea shipping deadlines
- Responsible for communicating any changes in the production schedule to all stakeholders with strict sign-offs on all works orders
- Participate in, contribute to & lead daily operational briefings, MDI boards Tiers 1 & 2.
- Support the Planning Manager in other activities
- Actively participate in HSE & Quality activities ensuring any non-conformances are reported and logged via the appropriate systems
Production related Responsibilities:
The production scheduler could also have additional responsibilities related to production (to be specified) some examples are:
- Day to day coordination with other production services (labelling, packaging,…)
- Coordination with distribution team for outbound deliveries
- Coordination with supply planners for inbound material deliveries
- Communication of daily targets and results within production unit
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Production or planning environment or equivalent
- Educated to A-Level/Equivalent or above
- Numeracy, Team working/building, Time management, Communication, Customer liaison, IT, Problem solving skills
- Inventory Management, Supply Management, S&OP skills
- Confidence for informed decision making
- Desire to champion the company values
- Be flexible with working hours should circumstances require.
Reports to: Planning Manager
The job holder will be based at the U-POL site in Wellingborough, Northants.
Occasional visits to the International Distribution Centre and International Sites may be required.
Hours of work: Mon-Fri 08:00 - 16:30