Insurance Claims Handler
Insurance Claims Handler - £25-30k + bonus, North Shields
Settling claims as quickly and on the best terms possible by;-
- Negotiation of those claims through to closure to obtain optimum settlement in accordance with individual KPIs, IASA requirements and statutory limits.
- Manages inbound and outbound telephone calls from policyholders and third party's to assist in swift closure of claims and to reduce any unnecessary costs of the claim
- On receipt of a new Claim contact policyholders where necessary to obtain any further information to assist liability decision.
- Pro-active "capture" of claimants to provide hire / LOU / PI settlement where appropriate
- Handles own portfolio of claims using "chase"/diary system to ensure claims are closed at the earliest possible time and in cost effective way.
- Effective use of outside agents where appropriate to assist in obtaining optimum settlement of claim.
- Ensures that reserves and other recordable information on the claims system are accurate and up to date at all times in accordance with the IASA.
- Recognise complaints in line our clients procedures
Critical Success Factors
- Ability to "take ownership" of possible problem issues which may occur during the lifetime of a claim
- Ability to prioritise so as to be able to work under pressure and with minimal supervision and referrals.
- Good Knowledge of liability issues allowing decisions to be made which are accurate and sustainable.
- Conversant with CPR / MOJ Portal and how the rules impact on the claims handling process
- Conversant with the RTA in particular sections 140/155 and how these apply to the claims process.
- Good knowledge of all our clients's policy documents (and any differences between the various classes of business) and the Company's strategy and procedures relating to them.
- Thoroughly conversant with the company's procedures in particular to their reserving and closure policy as per the IASA
- Ability to deal with personal Injury claims (including accurate valuation) through to a satisfactory conclusion with minimal supervision.
- Uses experience and all available tools to spot potentially fraudulent claims. Plan and undertake all necessary investigations, with limited supervision, to try to defeat the claims pre- litigation.
- Demonstrates decision making skills to determine which claims are worthy of contesting.
- Good all-round knowledge of the litigation process including an appreciation of procedures (timescales, allocation etc.), related costs-issues and implications.