Data Support Center Team Lead
The Data Support Centre Team Lead, leads a small team, providing a range of data/information management services including:
- Handling of incoming and outgoing documentation and correspondence
- Classified document control
- Data Records Retention / Destruction
- Validation of records meta data,
- Ensuring quality of data record
- Advice on document/record handling
- Auditing of Records Management compliance across the business
The DSC acts as a Subject Matter Expert for the sites Electronic Data Management System (Windchill) and related processes.
Key Responsibilities - Team Lead
- Effective motivation and co-ordination of all aspects of the team including the following:
- Allocate work to ensure adequate cover for all required tasks both in the DSC and as agreed with the Business Unit Support Service Manager
- Support staff absence to minimise effect on operational effectiveness of team to ensure adequate coverage to meet business requirements
- Prepare and deliver regular reports / metrics as required.
- Hold regular, typically monthly, individual discusses with team members to maintain open communication
- Identify training needs and provision of effective training for all team members
- Encourage and identify process improvements and act upon them
- Keep Business Unit Support Services Manager appraised of progress and issues to enable effective and timely resolution of any issues arising
- Support Data Support Centre responsibilities for special projects as appropriate
- In conjunction with Business Unit Support Services Manager establish DSC annual objectives and budgets
- Manage Department accounts / work packages and maintain and manage purchase and invoice records accordingly and review and Approve Invoices as appropriate
- Raise Purchase Requests for Contractor Extensions and Purchases
- Support the DSC Team and related processes as required
Data / Records Management
- Ensure smooth day to day running of the DSC to provide excellent service to customers and maintain effective customer relations
- Be a centre of competence to the business on the management of records in support of the business
- Support the administration of the Electronic Data Management System (Windchill) and develop the DSC as a centre of competence
- Support Data / Records training requirements and assist with the development and delivery of related training material.
- Lead and drive change initiatives which have a positive impact on the business by understanding key business processes relating to the DSC and any records management requirements. Review, update and develop DSC processes, procedure and work instructions to suit through continuous improvement.
- Work proactively with customers to obtain appropriate feedback for DSC service provision
- Provide regular DSC key performance metrics and maintain related records
- Establish and maintain effective communications with DSC customers through regular meetings and presentations. Ensuring all presentation material remains current and topical.
Apply for Data Support Center Team Lead
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly