Manpower are looking for a Mechanical Maintenance Craftsman for our NHS client in Exeter. As the Mechanical Maintenance Craftsman you will be responsible for installing, maintaining and repairing mechanical equipment on your site.
The key responsibilities of the Mechanical Maintenance Craftsman are:
- Routine fault finding, testing, manufacturing, replacing, isolation, modifying, inspecting, improving, installing, maintaining and repairing of all mechanical services, plant and equipment in compliance with all good practice guides.
- To be proficient in the safe usage of all handheld, machine tools, test, welding and brazing equipment applicable to trade
- Able to work alone without immediate supervision as well as supporting trade assistants and demonstrating techniques to apprentices
- Have the ability to carry out minor duties of other trades when required such as electrical, building and carpentry
- Respond in a prompt, effective and polite manner to emergency repair calls
- Ensure onsite Quality Assurance procedures are adhered to in all respects, maintaining accurate records, documentation and signatory in areas of responsibility
The personal specifications of the Mechanical Maintenance Craftsman are:
- NVQ level 3 and apprentice trained craftsman
- Water industry approved plumber
- Able to install, maintain and repair mechanical services, plant and equipment
- In depth experience working in a mechanical environment
- Able to work on different sites within the trust would be an advantage
As this role is based within a hospital the successful candidate will be required to complete some online training and a DBS check. The hours of work are between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday with no weekend working. If you are able to start immediately and would like your opportunity to register with Manpower please apply now.