Desktop Support Level II
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client, a blue chip IT Company, is currently seeking a Desktop Support Engineer to work on a customer site in the heart of London on the Strand. This is a full-time, 6 month FTC, Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week (generally 9am-5.15pm), to start ASAP. The package comes to a total of £26346 pro rata, per annum.
Based in our customer's UK office in the Strand, in the heart of London's west end, the UK End User Field Services (EUFS) Team are the local contact for customer IT related issues and Service Requests. In this role you will be required to work collaboratively with Technology global support teams to provide support for hardware and software maintenance calls, implementation requests and other ad-hoc IT related tasks.
- To provide 2nd line support for all hardware and software IT-related issues and incidents.
- To provide high-quality, highly visible desk side and floor-walking support functions to the customer and log such activities through the call systems as work is completed.
- To install pre-defined computer 'images' onto desktop and laptop computers in the case of a serious system failure.
- To install or re-install any applications onto PCs in line with installation procedures.
- To perform diagnostic services using all available resources, including the use of other customer-based and external support parties.
- To perform hardware break fix on PC's, Laptops and Printers or manage hardware repair through the customer defined warranty routes.
- Update call management systems with relevant notes to aid the customer, the end-user, other teams, and other members within our own team with resolutions, customer updates and escalations.
- Open tickets and work with service desk where required including any external support parties for hardware equipment failures or software related issues
- Installation of IT hardware; printers, pcs, switches, servers, cabinets, etc.
- Provide patching services both from floor to desktop equipment and within the comms room and perform cabling diagnostic services.
- Work collaboratively with other teams where incidents and service requests require cross-functional activities.
- Hands and eyes activities including hosting of third party engineers.
- Document all triage and knowledgebase information, including new and changed services, procedural changes, etc. as appropriate.
- Manage / Provide support and technical expertise to projects as directed.
- Maintain customer asset information and stock replenishment including parts ordering and understanding of stock control processes.
- Adhere to customer Security Policies.
Overtime when required for out-of-hours/project activity.
Skills and Experience
- A broad technical knowledge of IT, PC's/peripherals and their architecture
- Proven software and hardware troubleshooting skills
- In-depth knowledge of standard SW issues including;
- Windows OS, Office Suites and core application suites
- O365 Admin centre exchange: Mailboxes, DL's and Groups
- O365 Applications: Outlook, Skype for Business, OneDrive
- Active Directory administration
- McAfee encryption
- Microsoft SCCM shooting
- Networking TCPIP skills
Printer network troubleshooting
- Experience supporting Apple Macs and Android mobile phones
- Cisco Video Conference support
- PowerShell skills
- Adobe application support
- Experience in server admin & network support
- Audio Visual hardware support
- ITIL certified
Relevant hardware and software accreditation (MCSE/MCSA/MCP's, CompTIA, etc.)