Data Protection Administrator
Manpower are currently recruiting for a Data Protection Administrator to work on a temporary contract for West Sussex County Council. This role is based in Chicheaster and due to run until September 2018.
You will be collecting, processing and analysing a range of information to support the team achieve its statutory, strategic and operational responsibilities. You will be a point of contact for members of the public, staff in the council and other partner agencies and their requests for information, passing them to other team members as appropriate.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- To provide an efficient and effective management and information service including collating, maintaining, analysing and interpreting a range of data and information with minimal guidance.
- Present findings/recommendations and exchange varied information with the team and with a range of audiences in the most appropriate format.
- Organise, plan and meet set targets for the completion of work to high standards and use initiative and discretion to interpret and resolve issues to achieve the required results with guidance/ advice from senior managers on serious issues/problems.
- Develop good working relationships with managers, staff, partner agencies and members of the public, as required.
- Responsible for the regular handling, care of, accuracy, confidentiality, security and maintenance of considerable amounts of manual/computerised information.
- Remain up to date with all relevant legislation, systems, policies, procedures and codes of conduct in order to uphold standards of best practice and promote data protection.
The ideal candidate will have good verbal and written communication skills , an ability to learn if necessary and remain up to date with the key aspects of all relevant data protection and related legislation e.g. GDPR, Freedom of Information Act and an ability to develop systems and maintain accurate records.
If you feel this is the role for you, please apply now!
Apply for Data Protection Administrator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly