Deskside Support Engineer
7 days left
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client, a blue chip company, is currently seeking a Deskside Support Engineer III based on their customer site in Sindlesham, Wokingham. This is a full-time, temporary role to start ASAP, running until 31st January 2019 (with potential extension), Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week (9am - 5.30pm). The role is paying £20.41 per hour.
This is a customer facing role and it is essential that a good relationship with the Client is achieved. The role is part of a team of 40 across various accounts in the UK. It is a lead/senior Deskside Support role, dealing with ad-hoc customer incidents and IMAC requests, Hardware break-fix, Hands and Eyes support, and Stock Management. There is also a requirement to run major projects and bespoke non-standard client requests. The role requires excellent customer, hardware and organisational skills.
- Hardware break-fix services for all work space client including:
- Desktop, Laptop and Printer break-fix
- IMAC requests - providing the necessary technical support to complete the IMAC, including on-site support as necessary
- Performing any required back-up procedures
- Incident and problem resolution for services escalated from the Service Desk or generated via automated monitoring systems
- Incident and Problem resolution for all WS components and services escalated
- Stock Management
- Adhere to customer, HSSE and Security Policies
- Ability to follow processes and procedures
- Ability/willingness to travel to other customer sites.
- Ability to document account client processes effectively for submission and use by other engineers.
- Support and develop other less experienced or technical members of the team.
- BPSS clearance required
- A broad technical knowledge of PC's/peripherals and their architecture
- A minimum of 4 years' experience in desktop support/hardware refreshes
- Good working knowledge of current software packages
- Good working knowledge of operating system
- Accredited in relevant manufacturers hardware qualification
- Good understanding of IT infrastructure
- Ability to work on own initiative/be completely self-sufficient, address and resolve problems in a pressurised environment
- Ability to diagnose faults in the hardware/software/operating systems used by the customer
- Excellent organisational skills, able to take a methodical approach to service issues
- Contributes to, supports and works within the team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Lead others through performance and attitude excellence.
- A software technical qualifications, i.e. MCP, MCSE
- Manufacturer accreditations
- Team leadership experience.
- A drive to identify and develop improvement in team performance, systems and working practices.
Apply for Deskside Support Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly