Supply Chain Planner
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our client Leading Global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum are currently looking for a Supply Chain Planner to work in their prestigious facility in Leatherhead. This is a full time temporary role for a period of 12 months, working a 36.25 hour week. This role is paying between £31,600 and £37,050 per annum, pro rata, depending on experience.
Main Job Purpose
- Generating and maintaining an optimised finished goods supply plan for the full horizon, using appropriate planning tools.
- Working closely with sourcing units and supply chain partners to ensure that the plan delivers: agreed customer service levels, inventory and obsoletes targets, plus supports achievement of the sourcing units in minimising conversion cost and waste.
- Proactive and early identification of supply risks leads resolution with supply chain partners and ensures clear communication with MCO.
- Generate and maintain an optimised short, medium and long term finished goods supply and material requirements plan for a portfolio of products. Ensuring plan remains within agreed stock levels and line capacity constraints.
- Clearly communicate the line schedule to key site contacts - CS & SP Manager, Site Operations Team and R&PM Inbound Flow Planner, ensuring priorities are visible and that relevant feedback is incorporated.
- Lead issue resolution and supply risk communication with customers. Work closely with site and supply chain partners to ensure impact, mitigation and root cause are understood with lessons learnt applied.
- As an output of the finished goods plan work closely with the site based R&PM Inbound Flow Planner to assess any risk to fulfilling the plan.
- As an output of the finished goods plan generate a logistics plan and raise transport orders. Work closely with site based Customer Service & Supply Planning Managers to ensure plan is actioned, risks visible and any changes are incorporated.
- Lead the RCCP process, identifying any medium and long term risks to supply. Work closely with the MCO planning team to understand key events and potential forecast changes - promotions, product launches and delists. Use range forecasting to analyse scenarios, identify forward risk and potential stock builds.
- Lead and support project delivery e.g. BD product innovation, R&D product change or site based manufacturing improvement initiative.
- Maintaining master data set-up and integrity for relevant supply chain systems and fields. E.g. SAP APO, Terra
- As part of transition, deliver elements of the change management programme and champion new ways of working. Including: Building and leading the day to day relationship with the Site, MCO and USCC planning teams. Identifying and implementing best practise, aligning ways of working.
- For their portfolio and customers, complete annual ICSS process to identify improvement opportunities.
- Produce the weekly production plan for the factory
- Review KPIs on a regular basis and develop plans to address persistent issues working with cross-functional teams
- Run the standard Supply Planning meetings on a weekly and monthly basis working closely with the factory, the category and the MCO.
- Must have SAP and APO SNP experience & Proven Planning background
- Must have good computer skills and excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and good skills in Word and Powerpoint
- Good with numbers and ability to pick up new ideas and concepts quickly
- Needs to have a confident and assertive manner as they will be dealing with a demanding set of contacts
- Willingness to occasionally travel