Packaging Measurement Technician
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our global FMCG client, the powerhouse behind brands such as Sure, Rexona & Lynx have an opening for a Packaging Measurement Technician, to be based at their research & development facility in Leeds, Seacroft (LS14). This is an ongoing, long term temporary role working Monday to Friday paying £21,200-£22,525 per annum.
The Deodorants Category is a fast growing category with three of our client's most iconic brands in Rexona, Axe and Dove. Growth through innovation is at the heart of the Deodorants Strategy. Like never before, speed and agility is essential to drive productivity and meet the demands of increasingly hyper-fragmented markets, respond to new trends or react to competitor launches.
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
The role is focussed on the dimensional testing & analysis of packaging components for Deo. This will entail being the first point of contact for the dimensional testing portion of global packaging innovations through:
- Be the expert in measurement for the Deo packaging team, providing support to projects in all areas of measurement
- Have full autonomy to develop measurement programs for the vision systems to best qualify the components
- Be the superuser for all relevant pieces of testing equipment, training other equipment users on the safe operation when necessary
- Able to support measurability of components, providing input into measurement workshops and drawing reviews.
- Ensures the equipment and the environment around are well maintained and kept to a high standard of cleanliness.
- A-Level/Degree level in relevant science, maths or engineering discipline
- Able to read understand technical drawings
- Practised at managing multiple pieces of work at the same time
- Experience of operation and programming dimensional measurement systems preferred.
- Experience in Data Analysis using both Excel and statistical software packages (such as Minitab) preferred.
- Experience in accurate report writing using Microsoft Office packages preferred.
- Analytical capability - analyses and interprets data
- Design of experiments/protocol development
- Knowledge of dimensional testing of packaging components beneficial