Motor Vehicle Technician
Motor Vehicle Technician (Mechanic)
Motor Vehicle Technician (Mechanic) required in Leeds. You'll be working for a vehicle hire company and this would be a full-time, permanent position.
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this position is £26,000 per annum plus the potential to earn bonus.
You'll also receive:
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays
- An extra day holiday in the month of your birthday
- Pension plan
- Life assurance
- Tool insurance
The hours for this position are Monday to Friday, 8am until 5:30pm. You'll also work every other Saturday 8am until 12pm. This Saturday morning will be paid at x1.5.
As a Motor Vehicle Technician (Mechanic) your responsibilities will include:
- Diagnose faults on our fleet of motor vehicles and undertake necessary repair work
- Service and maintain vehicles so they are safe and comply with all legislation
- Carry out all legal inspections in line with company and VOSA guidelines
- Complete the necessary paperwork and electronic records to the standards required
- Mark and store correctly any warranty displaced parts
- Identify chargeable work and report to the Workshop Manager/Supervisor
- Identify work priorities and liaise with the Workshop Manager
- Support and advise other members of the team including apprentices
The skills required for this role are:
- 2 years or more relevant experience as vehicle mechanic
- An NVQ, BTEC or City & Guilds qualification or equivalent in motor vehicle service and repair. Must be level 3.
- A full, clean driving licence
An ideal candidate would also have the following:
- Experience within a vehicle fleet or rental company
- Electronic and diagnostic experience
- A HGV license