7.5 Tonne Delivery Driver
7.5 Tonne Multidrop Driver
Manpower is recruiting for 7.5 tonne drivers on behalf of our client based in Southall. This is a full-time permanent position.
Our client is an international food business who are leading in the frozen B2B bakery market. They are looking for a driver to join their team and assist them in giving their customer's fantastic service.
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this role is £24,874 plus a bonus structure focusing on multiple targets. Benefits also include:
- Perk box discounts
- Employee referral scheme
- Baby bonus scheme
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discount on products
As a delivery driver, you are responsible for the following:
- Carrying out all deliveries allocated by the Transport Supervisor.
- Ensuring the correct type and quantity of products are delivered as per the associated invoice
- Ensuring the products are safely delivered to the customer and signed for upon delivery
- Making necessary price adjustments and collecting payments - ensuring collected monies are stored appropriately
- Projecting a professional image to customers and building a good relationship
- Collecting returned goods and ensuring all relevant documentation is completed
- Ensuring that the rules relating to use of cash as outlined in the Company Drivers Manual Handbook, are adhered to at all times
- Ensuring compliance to the company's Health and Safety Policy in all duties
As a Delivery Driver, you will also be responsible for you vehicle, including:
- Taking care of the allocated vehicle and all its associated equipment such as mobile phone and satellite navigation unit and maintain it in a clean and roadworthy operational condition
- Carry out a daily check of all aspects of the allocated vehicle as outlined in the Company Handbook
- Report all vehicle and equipment defects using the appropriate forms
- Ensure that all legal compliance is maintained and that any infringement is reported immediately to the Transport Team Leader/Supervisor
- Ensure your own personal compliance with drivers legal duties such as those regarding working hours regulations, tachograph rules, the Highway Code and Health and Safety regulations
- Immediately report all accidents, completing the relevant Accident Report Form and recording this in the Accident Book
Working hours are Monday to Friday with 1 Saturday every 3 weeks, an average of 48 hours per week. You will start as early as 5am.
Flexibility is required to work additional hours and rotating shifts to meet the needs of business.
Key Skills & Attributes
To be successful as a Delivery Driver, you must have:
- A valid C1 licence
- A valid CPC card
- A Digital Tacho card
- Excellent customer service and communication skills