Winding Operative - No experience required
Manpower is recruiting for a number of winding operatives on behalf of our client located in Luton. This is a full-time permanent position in which you will be working in the Aerospace sector
Our client is a global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices. Through this they provide support to international and regional airlines, helicopter operators and airframe manufacturers. They are now looking for a number of winding operatives to join their team based in Luton.
As a winding operative, your main responsibility will be winding specialized enamel coated copper wire in to stators, rotors, field coils and armatures. This is fiddly work so you will need to have a good eye for detail and a steady hand.
You will also be responsible for:
- Solvent degreasing of components using ultrasonic cleaning equipment.
- Brazing of connections using resistance & flame welding equipment.
- Electrical testing using resistance and high voltage test equipment.
- Undertake dimensional checks using verniers, height gauges, micrometres and check gauges.
The working hours for this role are 8am until 4:30pm.
The salary for the role is £18,500 per annum.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
To be a successful winding operative, you will need to have the following skills and attributes:
- Have good dexterity. This is fiddly work so you'll need to be able to thread wire and other components through small gaps.
- Have good English and Numeracy skills
- Be able to accurately follow written and verbal guidance - this requires a good level of written and spoken English
- Be able to interpret and comply with health, safety, quality and compliance processes
- Be reliable and flexible when it comes to working hours - overtime is often available
PREFERRED SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
As a winding operative, the preferred skills and attributes are:
- Have experience in a similar role or hobby - jewellery making, model making/painting, sewing, knitting etc.
- Have experience within a manufacturing environment