Formulation Scientist - Product Development
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our Global FMCG Client, are currently seeking two Formulation Scientists based at Port Sunlight, Wirral. These are full time temporary roles, one for 12 months and one for 6 months, working a 37.5 hour week paying between £23,605 to £26,500 per annum depending on experience.
The successful candidate will join our Global Aerosols Design team to deliver innovation projects across all brands and build future capabilities for aerosol products. The Aerosols team is a cross-functional team integrating all aspects of formulation (Hairspray, mousse & Dry Shampoo), packaging & new product development.
The role provides an excellent opportunity to influence the future direction of the Aerosols Portfolio where there is an emphasis on understanding our consumers & delivering winning products. Our ambition to create irresistible products that have superior functionality, profitability, and delivered in the most sustainable way.
- Support the delivery of aerosol innovation projects to a high technical standard.
- Develop new aerosol testing capabilities to understand our products better & deliver superiority. Support the implement of new measurement & testing methods to enable new Claims space.
- Help to execute benefit led innovation for Hairspray, mousse and Dry Shampoo.
- Support the development next generation of Hairspray: formulation and pack.
- Support the delivery of improving the profitability of Hairsprays.
- Support the regional teams when necessary per the R&D Operating Framework.
- Support all aspects of IP protection & freedom to use for aerosols.
- Minimum degree qualification in a chemistry, engineering, packaging, formulation or closely relayed subject.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to use Excel, Word and pick systems up easily
- Passionate about science and willing to learn and discover new skills