Product Trainer (Refreshments)
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our global FMCG client, the powerhouse behind brands such as PG tips, Lyons, Lipton, Pukka, Pure Leaf and T2 has an opening for a Refreshments Trainer to be based at their UK HQ in Leatherhead, Surrey with regular national travel. This is a temporary role for 6 months working Monday to Friday paying up to £38,000 depending on experience.
Operating in over 70 markets around the world, our clients Food Solutions division is the dedicated arm of the foodservice business, whereby they also drive Ice Cream brands where they see opportunities in out of home channels including Hotels, Cafes, Restaurants & Airlines. Our client has a vision to see their brands front of house whenever and wherever consumers are out of home.
As a Refreshment Trainer you will be responsible for training the internal 'Front of House' sales team (on predominately Tea but also on Ice-cream), being the Tea expert in front of commercial chain customers and training customers employees on Tea knowledge. You will be seen as the 'Refreshment Expert' within the business and will be responsible for developing training programmes and executing them.
Your success in this key role is dependent on your ability to communicate well internally and externally with customers.
It will be essential for you to have credible knowledge of the Tea Category which you will gain from our client's established R&D facility - to be passionate about Tea and to stay in touch with ongoing trends within the category.
- Responsible for building Refreshment knowledge with accounts such as cafes, hotel chains, luxury hotels and tea/coffee houses
- Developing training programmes for new starters and ongoing upskilling for existing teams
- Localising global training materials
- Running training sessions
- Presenting our Tea brands in front of commercial chain customers - being seen as the expert (providing inspiring serving solutions, food pairings, blend mixes)
- Developing digital training materials that can be cascaded by customers to their own teams
Working collaboratively with Marketing:
- Translate operator needs/market insights (merchandise & product) into the Tea & Ice Cream innovation funnels
- Be present in innovation tastings and development sessions
- Help to develop concept selling tools for operator groups (eg the right solutions needed in Hotels for Tea)
- Share inputs for specific CRM communications such as in newsletter (eg latest trends in tea), UFS website pages
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree level or significant working experience in a training/Learning & development role.
- Ideally candidates will come from a consumer training role however strong training candidates with a passion for tea will also be considered.
- Experience of working within Foodservice is desirable but not essential
- Excellent communicator with a strong track record on training/developing others
- Confident presenter with clear and professional communication skills
- Customer facing experience and ability to nurture partnerships
- Ability to lead multiple projects at a time with excellent organisational skills
- Extensive National travel and overnights required (once or twice a month).
- Regular Attendance at Leatherhead Head Office