An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our Global FMCG Client, are currently seeking an Appraisal Measurement Scientist based at their prestigious Research & Development Facility in Port Sunlight, Wirral. This is a full time temporary role for a period of 6 months, working a 37.5 hour week. This role is paying £24,075 per annum pro rata.
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
The main purpose of the role is to work within a project team and measure hair product performance using a number of instruments and provide technical claims support for global hair care brands. The work will involve the preparation of substrates, application of products using detailed protocols and the evaluation of physical property characteristics and hair care or styling benefits provided. The role will involve considerable experimental work and require the use of both established and new experimental methods.
- Plan and prioritise own work program to deliver within the project.
- Deliver safe and high quality outputs; recording, interpreting and reporting experimental results in verbal and written form, and build upon these by proposing reasons for the observations and recommended next steps.
- Conduct verbal and written communication with guidance e.g. presentations and reports
- Strong skills in experimental design and planning, accurate and precise in implementation of plans, an ability to interpret and communicate results to programme leader, with a demonstrable ability to convey views and ideas logically. Able to interact effectively within a project team and to take responsibility for delivering work plan to agreed timelines.
- Good knowledge of basic chemistry and physics
- Specific knowledge in physical chemistry and physical property measurement would be advantageous.
- Skills should be demonstrated in designing and developing experiments, problem solving, and working to designed and safe methodologies. An ability to interpret scientific results and relate them to the project objectives is required.
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel used to analyse data. PowerPoint to present data at summary reviews and Word for report writing.
Experienced candidates would have some ability in some or all of the following measurement techniques or similar:
- Mechanical measurement
- Infrared spectroscopy
- Differential scanning calorimetry
- Dynamic vapor sorption