Immigration Case Worker
Our Client are a growing Legal Firm that offer Specialist Immigration Advice Services. It is an exciting time to join their team, they have big growth plans for 2019 and beyond. With 15 offices based throughout the UK and Ireland they can offer on-going development and progression for the right candidates!
They have vacancies for Immigration Caseworkers (OISC/IAAS Qualified) or Asylum Caseworkers (IAAS with advocacy experience). **Candidates without a law degree or experience of immigration law will not be considered**
We are seeking applications from suitably qualified and motivated applicants for this exciting position.
Our Client have an experienced team of immigration specialists who boast a consistent track record of successfully assisting corporate clients.
Your new role:
As an Immigration Caseworker working for a reputable firm, you will work alongside a team of immigration specialists, handling different caseloads up to OISC competence.
This may include asylum cases, immigration applications, appeals and judicial reviews. This is a challenging role suited to an ambitious Immigration Caseworker with excellent client care and interpersonal skills.
- Represent clients before immigration judges, in person or in writing as required, including preparation of cases.
- Draft witness statements, skeleton arguments, representations and other complex documents and letters using word-processor.
- Preparation and management of applications to the Home Office.
- Ensure all contact with the client and any other action taken in respect of cases is recorded on attendance notes and regularly updated on the database.
- Liaise with Immigration Authorities, other agencies, and groups as required.
- Interview and advise clients regarding Immigration law, procedure, and practice. Provide guidance to clients on completion of documents.
- Attend clients in prison and detention centres and surgeries on occasions where appropriate.
- Meet specified casework and other targets as set by Supervisor.
- Keep up-to-date at all time with changes in Immigration/Asylum law by reading, attending training events and using a computer for reference purposes.
- Complete any other records in connection with casework to meet company requirements, maintain statistics and update the Database, client files, using manual or computerised systems as appropriate and as required by Management.
You should also have a commercial awareness and practical IT skills. It is essential that you have strong ethical standards, fantastic team spirit, but most importantly be humble and passionate about the work carried out.
Our Ideal candidate:
- OISC qualification Level 1, Level 2 or Level 3.
- 12-month minimum experience of working in the immigration sector to OISC standards.
- Excellent drafting skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- A confident and determined approach.
- A high degree of self-motivation and drive.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Be organised and methodical in your approach.
- Candidates with IAAS accreditation will be considered.
- LLB or Law related degree/diploma.
- **Candidates without a law degree or experience of immigration law will not be considered**
To learn more about this exciting opportunity apply NOW for immediate consideration or call
07515 325 011.