Web and Content Assistant - Conservatoire
Role: Web and Content Assistant (Royal Birmingham Conservatoire)
Location: Millennium Point
Interview Date: Monday 21 January 2019
Application: Cover letter and application form.
We are looking for an undergraduate student currently studying at Royal Birmingham Conservatoire to work with the ADM marketing team on marketing and PR activities for the Conservatoire.
With training and support from the Marketing Officer, the successful applicant will:
- Support the generation of digital content ideas that meet the Faculty's and University's strategic aims and address user behaviour on chosen channels (i.e. web, CRM, social media).
- With supervision, turn ideas into reality by delivering engaging content that inspires interaction, whether that is blog or news story content, photography or video. This supports the development of content for organic and paid online campaigns.
- Create the Conservatoire ebulletin every week.
- Update staff profiles/add new ones/creating strong alumni and student profiles for each RBC department.
- Identify updates and improvements to conservatoire webpages.
- Help with commissioning articles for Fanfare magazine and with the design/proofreading of the magazine.
- Must be able to commit to 9 hours per week between now and July 31st (time can booked off as holiday)
- Good IT skills with proficiency MS Office
- Excellent copywriting and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- An understanding of and interest in social media
- Must be a current Conservatoire student as knowledge of the school will be necessary.
- Experience using a content management system (e.g. Wordpress or similar).
- Experience in editing and repurposing existing HTML code
- Web design and page layout skills
- Photoshop skills for image resizing and processing
- A student in the first or second year of their course, as this role could be extended into the 2019/20 academic year.
Hours of Work:
- 9 hours per week between Monday - Friday.
- Your hours can be split over two weekdays and can be negotiated around your academic timetable. However, Thursday and Friday are preferable.