Web and Digital Assistant (Faculty of Arts, Design and Media)
Salary: £7.83 per hour
Closes: 21st Jan 2019
Role: Web and Digital Assistant (Faculty of Arts, Design and Media)
Location: Parkside Building
Interview Date: Monday 28th January 2019
Application: Cover letter and application form.
We are looking for an undergraduate student to offer web and digital support within the ADM Faculty Marketing and Communications team.
With training and support from our Digital Marketing Manager, the successful applicant will:
- Use HTML and Photoshop skills to make amends to web pages including staff profiles, course pages, blog posts and news stories.
- Build new web pages and digital assets that bring to life the content ideas developed by our Marketing Officers. These projects will meet the Faculty's and University's strategic aims and address user behaviour on chosen channels (i.e. web, social media and CRM).
- Building and editing analytics reports that review the performance of our content. Also supporting the interpretation of the data.
- Identify web and digital best practice among competitor universities and in other sectors.
- Providing a range of administrative support; this will include liaising closely with students, staff and external suppliers, so a confident communication manner is essential.Essential
- Must be able to commit to 9 hours per week between now and July 31st (time can booked off as holiday)
- Experience in editing and repurposing existing HTML code
- Photoshop skills for image resizing and processing
- Good IT skills with proficiency MS Office
- Excellent copywriting and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- an understanding of and interest in social media
- Experience using a content management system (eg. Wordpress or similar).
- Basic knowledge of Google Analytics
- Web design and page layout skills
- A student in the first or second year of their course, as this role could be extended into the 2019/20 academic year.
Hours of Work:
- 9 hours per week between Monday - Friday.
- Your hours can be split over two weekdays and can be negotiated around your academic timetable.
Apply for Web and Digital Assistant (Faculty of Arts, Design and Media)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly