Assistant R&D Manager
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our client are currently recruiting for an Assistant R & D Manager - Food Specifications, within the R&D function, based at their UK HQ in Leatherhead. This is a temporary role to start ideally ASAP and expected to run for 12 months. The salary for this position is paying up to a maximum of £36,000 per annum, depending on experience.
Main Purpose of the Role:
The snacking business in UK/Ireland generates over 100m€ turnover and we have an ambition to make it bigger and better!
Driven by our customers' ever-changing needs, we are looking for an experienced and creative R&D expert who will help us take our snacking brands (which include Pot Noodle, Pot Pasta, PrepCo and Red Red) up to the next level.
You will bring entrepreneurship and a passion to grow our brands, which together with your enthusiasm to know our consumers and customers will shape and deliver brilliant product experiences that will support our longer-term brand directions.
- To fully deliver innovation projects whilst ensuring safety & quality standards are met
- To monitor/ benchmark our competitors and carry out food-trends evaluation, sharing any insights with internal teams as appropriate
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest food trends, you'll apply your knowledge and passion to identify opportunities for new products and concepts, and make suggestions to improve our current range
- You will work very closely with our Marketing Innovation and Category teams to input product knowledge and customer insight, guaranteeing development is aligned with all of the key customer requirements.
- Using your creative skills and passion for food, you will come up with new ideas for product claims and demos for customers, ensuring any claims can be substantiated
- To train our consumer careline, sales and marketing departments on any relevant technical aspects of our current product portfolio as well as any new products to be launched
- To deliver and maintain product specifications, including technical, legal, nutrition information and artwork approval
- Foodie, with a passion for innovation and new trends
- A good eye for identifying up-and-coming market trends, with the ability to apply your research knowledge to translate your findings into workable products
- A curious and courageous mind-set, and consequently willing to challenge the status quo
- Project management skills
- Time management and priority setting
- Stakeholder management
- Good communicator - articulate, with a effective and informative presentation style
- Flexible to travel when needed
Degree in Food Science or related
Previous NPD experience in Food in a fast-paced environment
Experienced with current Food Legislation and labelling in the EU