Bespoke Sewing Machinist
An opportunity has become available for a Bespoke Sewing Machinist to join my client based in Leicester.
The machinist is responsible tending to industrial sewing machine so that they can operate and manufacture bespoke hernia prevention garments and stoma belts.
The role requires someone with tenacity and a steady hand with strong attention to detail and consistent accuracy, capable of following a pattern, joining, reinforcing materials together, and has experience of working with stretch fabric.
Experience of working on lock stitch machines and over lockers.
Make sure that the beginning of your shift that all machinery and equipment is functioning properly.
- To perform routine machine maintenance.
- To be able to adjust the machine to meet the requirements of the project.
- To be able to alter previously made garments to a different specification.
- Notify manager of any problems or discrepancies during the sewing process.
- Examine finished garments for compliance and ensure that appropriate tags are sewed onto them.
- Ensure that the finished garment confirms to design and merchandising instructions
- Experience of changing of needles and threads
- Ensuring good housekeeping is maintained at all times
- To comply with health and safety procedures as set out in the company policy.
- To adhere to the company's data protection policy
The ideal candidate would be someone who can handle pressure able to see projects through from start to finish with the highest standards of finishing.
If this is of interest please apply now or alternatively send your CV
Apply for Bespoke Sewing Machinist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly