Spiral Production Operator
Position Spiral Production Operator
Hours Mon - Thurs 8am-5pm, Friday 8am - 4pm
Manpower has teamed up with an outstanding company who specialise in construction equipment to recruit for their busy Bristol Branch. Our client is looking for a Spiral Production Operative to join their team.
The role will be primarily to provide effective spiral tube production for the business in the Basildon branch & sales area using the onsite Spiral Tube Forming machine. Duties will include but not be restricted too; the close monitoring of both spiral & raw material stocks, the timely and safe production of products to meet demand & delivery requirements, good housekeeping of production area, general maintenance & cleaning of Spiral Forming machine, liaising with Spiral Machine maintenance department for repairs / service / breakdowns and generally working within systems & procedures laid down by the Company.
- At all times; to adopt, encourage and enforce the core values and principles.
- To produce spirally wound tube of the highest quality using the onsite Spiral Forming machine ensuring that all lockseams are 'tight', that 'end treatment' renders the product safe to handle and the product complies with the Company's specification and tolerances.
- To ensure that stocks of standard sizes are adequately maintained, and that there is constant liaison with the sales office / BM to ensure that all special requirements and project orders are met.
- To liaise with other branches, via your BM / other designated person / sales office on stock transfers / transferred orders, keeping the site and / or the customer informed at all times on items such as delivery, shortages and completions, ensuring complete customer satisfaction.
- To liaise with your BM (or other designated person) on items of low spiral stock to ensure that correct stock levels can be maintained.
- To constantly monitor stocks of raw materials and make your BM (or other designated person) aware in good time of forward requirements without unnecessary over stocking.
- To keep the production area adjacent to the machine clean & tidy and at all times comply with the Company's policy on Neatness & Order.
- To regularly remove, skip and never allow the build-up of scrap materials, steel "spikes" and steel banding from around coils.
- To ensure the work bench is tidy and all tools are properly stored.
- To keep all forming heads and roller blocks neatly & safely stored.
- To ensure that galvanised slit steel coils are stored in a safe and proper manner, and when handling these coils particular attention is paid to the Company Policy relating to 'safe handling'.
- To ensure that galvanised spiral tubes are stored in a safe and proper manner, and when handling these tubes particular attention is paid to the Company Policy relating to 'safe handling' and use of PPE.
- To ensure that oil drums are handled & stored in a safe and proper manner. When handling drums particular attention is paid to the Company Policy relating to 'safe handling'.
- To follow at all times proper spills procedures, dealing with all spills and build-up of cutting fluid promptly.
- To ensure that in conjunction with your BM (or other designated person), a complete manual of operation is left at your location and that the necessary spare parts, as per a parts list are on hand to deal with routine servicing problems as they occur.
- To carry out and complete regular general maintenance as defined in the Spiral Machine Maintenance Task Sheet and log the completion of these tasks. At all times the Spiral Machine Maintenance Log must be kept up-to-date and in the vicinity of the Spiral Machine for inspection at any time.
- To carry out and complete regular general cleaning of the Spiral Forming machine as defined in the Spiral Machine Maintenance Task Sheet and log the completion of these tasks.
- Report to the BM / Spiral Machine Maintenance Team / ROM / JMD as soon as reasonably possible, any matter of breakdown / damage / repair. Work closely with and assisting the Spiral Machine Maintenance Team in completing matters of breakdown / damage / repair / annual maintenance.
- To be able to accurately relay technical information to and be able to receive the same from the Spiral Maintenance personnel in response to a machine query / breakdown / damage / repair. To be able to interpret machine / parts supplier catalogues etc. and accurately relay this information.
- To become familiar with all aspects of the Company's onsite Spiral Forming machine that relates to your position.
- To accurately count & record, as and when directed by the BM (or other designated person) all spiral tubes and raw materials for the purposes of snap shot, month end, ad hoc / discretionary stock counts or annual stock takes.
- To participate in as directed by the Branch Manager, the Company annual stock takes / stock counts and branch discretionary / ad hoc stock takes / stock counts.
- At times assist your BM / Spiral Maintenance personnel in providing procedural, production and services training to new members of branch staff / new relief production operatives as is appropriate to your and their role.
- To ensure all safety guards are in place and used at all times, and to be aware of all Health & Safety requirements. (See Health & Safety Policy Statement and Risk Assessments).
- To ensure that all emergency stop functions are operational at all times.
- At all times work in accordance with the Company's Health & Safety Policy and ensure compliance with all statutory regulations. To also work within the confines of and abide to the Company's Risk Assessments and Control Measures.