Product Tester and Evaluation Manager
My client is one of Britain's biggest suppliers of electrical & mechanical workshop tools and machinery.
They are currently in the market to add to their successful company with an experienced Product tester/Evaluation Manager for their Derby office.
The successful candidate will be based in Derby and you will be responsible for evaluating new and existing products, compiling reports and supporting the Technical Departments and Product Buyers
It would be an advantage if you had experience within the following markets of automotive, hire, builder's merchants and industrial supplies.
You will be reporting directly to the Quality Manager working contracted hours of 8:30am to 6pm Monday to Friday.
The basis salary ranges from 35k to 40k with 20 days holiday.
This position is a high-profile role within the organisation and requires the skills and experience necessary to meet the expectations of the business and its customers. The position requires some knowledge of the product range with ideally some hands-on experience.
It is a practical role with product report writing and department administration duties, with the scope to grow the department and contribute towards improving the process of bringing new products to market. The ideal person will be a great communicator across all levels of the business, as this is critical in driving sales and bringing new products to market. The role would be ideally suited to a qualified Mechanical or Electrical Engineer who is currently working in a managerial role, with previous experience of working as either a Test Manager, Development Engineer or Test Engineer.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Responsible for ensuring that products, procedures and documents meet directives, product standards and EU legislation and to keep relevant departments informed of changes and requirements.
- Create product construction files, declarations of conformity and technical briefs for new products.
- Compiling reports / findings on all tests conducted. Updating product test logs and Technical files.
- Ensure that testing for safety, design, performance and compliance of products is carried out within agreed commercial timescales.
- Maintain and update product construction files with updated certifications, product change information and declarations of conformity.
- Ensure corrective actions raised on product evaluations are checked and prioritised.
- Supporting various departments with technical questions and queries regarding products.
- Maintain excellent working relationships throughout the business at all levels to ensure all quality, test needs and requirements are met swiftly and efficiently.
- Provide information on product standards and EU legislation for the product range.
Competencies / Attributes:
- Qualified to a minimum HND/HNC or City & Guilds level in mechanical / electrical engineering
- Must have a good understanding of electromechanical tools and equipment.
- Knowledge and understanding of product standards, directives and legislation in terms of product design, functionality and safety
- Experience of working on imported consumer products would be advantageous. RoHS & Reach experience would also be advantageous
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office systems, with good communication and report writing skills
- Works well under pressure
- Commercially aware
- Working in a traditional, stable and financially strong market leading company
- Annual salary review
- Bi annual bonus based on performance
- 20 days holiday Plus 8 statutory holidays
- Company Contribution Pension scheme with Life Assurance
Apply for Product Tester and Evaluation Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly