Part-time Property Manager
A large residential landlord in Oxford is looking for an experienced part-time Property Manager to undertake the duties outlined below. You should be IRPM qualified and either have or be working towards an ARMA accreditation or happy to work towards it through the company.
Role and Responsibilities
- Collect service charge arrears
- Providing management information to the lessees as set out in the lease
- Setting Budgets
- Liaising with the Directors of both Management Companies
- Liaising with Oxford Waterfront residents associations
- Annually agreeing the insurance re-build valuation
- Work with our legal, finance and management teams on ARMA audit, compliance, conference attendance, ombudsman membership and associated insurances
- Entering into and managing maintenance contracts on behalf of the client for all relevant equipment located in both the internal and external common areas including the fire protection equipment, the TV aerial equipment, the ventilation system, time clocks, lifts, the audio entry system, CCTV equipment and electronic gates
- Car Park Visitor Spaces - arrange and purchase permits annually, post/deliver permits to all properties, take on an external company to manage the visitor spaces, deal with resident concerns
- Viewing common areas of the properties to check condition and arrange for necessary repairs other than major repairs
- Preparing specifications and contracts for minor works and services such as cleaning, gardening, window cleaning and oversee such works
- Organising periodic health and safety checks and risk assessments
- Consultation with the client on management matters (and qualifying works)
- Dealing with day-to-day residential issues and reporting and taking instruction from the client on residents' concerns.
- Advising the client on relevant legislation and regulatory issues and general interpretation of leases
- Maintaining management files and records
- Keeping records of residents and tenancy details where provided
- Responding to requests for information with regards to the Home Information Packs and transfer of lease
- Organising and attending AGM's, EGM's and annual residents
- Engaging and supervising site staff
- Raising, reconciling and coding of invoices
- Cost reporting. Recording actual expenditure vs budget.
- Preparing and monitoring major building works not covered by annual contracts, dealing with S20 consultations, including serving the required notices, instructing and liaising with specialist consultants, inspecting work in progress, and handling retention's
The position is based near central Oxford looking after 600 residential properties, 18 hours a week, £16 per hour. If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your cv or call 01865 245257.