Design Technician - Horsham - FTC
Position Design Technician (Maternity Cover January 2019 - April 2020)
Salary £24-£26k + Benefits
Hours 8am - 4.30pm Monday to Friday with half an hour lunch
Manpower has teamed up with an outstanding national construction company operating across the Water, Energy, Multi Utility, Rail and Infrastructure Civils sectors.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Design Technician to join our client's team in their Horsham office.
This is a great opportunity for a Design Technician
As the Design Technician you will be responsible for:
- Manage and control the document management process on SharePoint.
- Liaise with the client and developers to ensure the correct documentation is provided.
- Monitor SLA's for design outputs, liaise with colleagues to ensure deadlines are not missed.
- Monitor the Change Control process on SharePoint to ensure that response times are achieved by individual responders.
- Update the Design / Construction programme.
- Assist in the compiling and logging any Early Warning Notices / Compensation Event's generated as part of the change control process.
- Liaise with clients and developers with regarding specific design enquiries.
- Quality check designs and prices.
- Cad Work
- Check Developers DWG files that have been submitted.
- Create new drawing layouts from the developers DWG files provided.
- Make any small amendments to designs as a result of the checking process.
- Create small designs in CAD provide by the Engineer.
- Submission of completed work to the client.
- Monthly Billing compilation.
- Taking Design meeting minutes and distributing them to attendees.
- Check and issue Service Briefs to the construction teams and update programme.
- General administrative and clerical functions
Please apply today for further information on this vacancy