An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our client Leading Global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum are currently looking for a Laboratory Technician based at their prestigious facility in Gloucester. This is a full-time temporary role for a period of 6 months, working a 37.5 hour week. This role is paying £21,211 per annum, pro rata, depending on experience.
Main Purpose of job
Working within a dynamic team, you will be primarily responsible for the microbiological analysis of mix and finished product samples coupled with investigations and reporting of results within the department and related manufacturing and production environments. Leadership and accountability are essential ensuring that tests and methods are performed to accreditation criteria's.
- Microbiological analysis of mix, finished products, raw materials and non-routine samples.
* Media preparation.
* Interpretation of results, suitable investigation and production of reports.
* Adherence to COSHH.
* Use of relevant computer software programmes.
* Adherence to site safety standards.
* Compliance with site Quality standards and procedures.
* Lead, organise and perform laboratory project work.
* Operation of all machinery in accordance with best practice operations.
- Organise and perform the calibration of all laboratory equipment and balances within the factory.
- Requesting samples from the cold store as and when required.
- Sending samples away for microbial and chemical analysis, recording results when received.
- Leading internal audits within the department and assisting FSSC22000 audits when required.
- Performing change controls on standard operating procedures and forms.
- Representing the department during audits.
- Control of stock within the Laboratory, including good stock rotation, ordering, testing and obtaining QC certificates as required.
- Organise all monthly testing within the laboratory including data entry of results into spreadsheets.
- Participation in internal and external qualification assessments (IQA and EQA).
- Maintaining high standards of work within the department ensuring accreditation criteria are met.
- Organise Internal Qualification Assessments (IQA) for mix analysis and Standard Reference Material (SRM) for Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) daily calibrations, including entering data and analysis of results obtained.
- Ability to deputise for the Laboratory Manager in their absence.
- Application of World Class Manufacturing tools to drive improvements within the Laboratory and Factory Performance.
- The successful candidate should be educated with a science based degree or HND (with laboratory experience) or equivalent
- Familiar with an accredited laboratory environment, procedures and practices ideally in a food manufacturing process or similar
- Proven ability to communicate, both written and verbal, across different levels in different areas of a large organisation
- Good IT skills - Ability to learn in-house systems and proficient in the use of MS Office applications
- A self-starter who can work on own initiative without constant supervision
- The role requires occasional weekend work to cover holiday/absence.