Manpower is currently recruiting for a Kitchen Assistant on a permanent basis to work for a College in Oxford City Centre. The successful candidate will report to the Head Chef or Senior Chef on duty on a day-to-day basis and will be expected to undertake any reasonable tasks at the request of the Head Chef, Catering Manager or Domestic Bursar.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Cook and serve breakfast
- Clearing breakfast
- Making sandwiches
- Preparing salad bar
- Plating cold desserts
- Preparation for following days
- Assist chefs in main kitchen
- Rotating stock
- Setting up the hotplate for lunch
- Recording servery temperatures
- Serving on the hotplate for lunch
- Clearing and cleaning down
- Ensuring all equipment is used correctly
- Reporting any maintenance required to the senior chef on duty
- Maintaining high levels of personal and professional food hygiene in accordance with the College's food hygiene policy.
Salary and Benefits
This is a part-time post-paid at £8.75 per hour
Hours of Work
32.5 hours per week, 5 days a week Monday to Friday.
07.30am - 14.00pm during term time
07.00am - 2.00pm during conference period
- Membership of contributory pension scheme
- Meals will be provided free of charge during working hours provided the kitchen is open
- Use of the College gym
- Membership of the University Club
- Discounted bus pass purchase scheme and a cycle to work scheme
- Holiday entitlement of 34 days pro rata per annum (January 1st to December 31st), including Bank Holidays. The College closes at Christmas and holiday must be taken at this time.
Please upload an up to date CV and a Manpower representative will contact you if you have the right skills for this role.
Apply for Kitchen Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly