Project Support Officer
Our Client one of the UK's leading energy providers is looking for a project Support Officer to join their team within the Nuclear Generation division. Working within The central technical organisation (CTO), There is a requirement for an individual to help the business in its delivery of this complex portfolio of engineering works in terms of provision of 'project support' to those managing packages of work, and provision of management information to support the decision making processes.
- Support to the business in developing a year-ahead work plan constrained to the internal resources and funding available.
- Provide support to those managing packages of work by helping them with a variety of standard business processes / tools and liaising with appropriate internal stakeholders to include:-
- raising orders for the spending of monies on goods and services
- ensuring that accruals/goods receipts are in place
- managing external budgets during the year, making changes where needed
- securing changes to planned levels of internal resource
- problem solving on behalf of those managing packages of work to ensure good control, wherever this is appropriate
- inputting at progress meetings where required to provide supporting information to those managing the packages of work
- Provide support and management information to delivery teams to ensure that their portfolio of work is matched to the internal and external resources and budgets available, and reallocated as effectively as possible when priorities change
- Identifying issues early and putting in place actions to resolve on behalf of those being supported.
Qualifications and Experience
- Previous experience of financial and contract management in a large organisation
- Previous experience of providing high quality proactive support to others in a business environment. If this is in a project support environment, this is an advantage but not essential
- Strong numerical skills, able to interrogate, analyse and report data
- Good experience of Microsoft Office software in general, must include some experience in the use of excel for reporting and analysis.
- Experience of working in a large organisation, or an organisation with 'matrix management' is useful but not essential
- Ability and enthusiasm to learn new processes and tools quickly, not afraid to be in the 'deep end' to start with.
- Ability to work on own initiative and identify and solve problems
- Enthusiasm for provision of high quality support to others, with a proactive approach
- Flexible, adaptable and speedily reactive to urgent situations
- Questioning attitude
- Good interpersonal skills, able to actively build and develop strong working relationships across a variety of diverse teams.
- Good attention to detail