NPI Manufacturing Engineer
I am looking for a NPI Manufacturing Engineer.
The NPI Engineer will be responsible for the introduction and handover of new products into production for Instruments designed and developed in-house using sound Design for Manufacturing, Assembly and Test principles. The NPI Engineer will work across multi-functions to support the transition of new products from initial design concept through to routine production.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to;
- Supporting the Development teams in the design and development of suitable manufacturing and/ or QC processes for transfer to the Operations teams
- Generating process documentation, including process FMEAs, Bills of Materials, transfer to production plans, training plans, pilot batch protocols and corresponding reports
- Supporting capital expenditure requests and defining specifications
- Ensuring project work is carried out in compliance with regulatory and company requirements
- Ensuring good communication with the team and other departments and Sites as appropriate
- Meet agreed targets for project completion as defined by each project plan
- Supporting the building of lab and pre-production prototypes
- Supporting the manufacturing facility with their continuous improvement program
The NPI Engineer, you will be required to have a good understanding of both design control and risk management processes along with technology and / or design control. Familiarity of the manufacture of pharmaceutical instruments would also be advantageous.
The NPI should have suitable qualifications to degree level although extensive relative experience could take precedence.
Interpret ISO drawings, appreciation of PCB manufacture and assembly, wire looming, sheet metal work, machined metalwork and general processes used in the manufacture of Pharmaceutical instrumentation.
Good communication, interpersonal skills and attention to detail are essential as are the ability to work on your own initiative and within a team as required.
By May2019 the company will be located in a state of the art new building on the Harwell Science and Technology Campus.
The company offers up to 8% employer contribution to the pension scheme, bonus schemes, Employee Stock Purchase plans, free personal medical plan, life insurance, long service awards, Employee Assistance Program, generous sick pay plus the usual 25 days holiday.
The working week is 37.5 hours with flexibility on start finish times.
Please apply online and attach your CV or for more information call Manpower on 01865 245257 and ask for Abi or Becky.