An excellent opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our global FMCG client, the powerhouse behind brands such as Persil, Signal, Regenerate, Sure and Dove have an opening for a Specification Technician to be based at their Port Sunlight Research & Development Facility. This is a full time, temporary role for a period up to April 2019 paying between £24,075 to £26,000 per annum, per annum pro rata.
Personal Care (PC) is a key strategic area for Unilever, and Skin Care follows a very ambitious growth agenda.
The European business is highly competitive, innovative and has strong brand positions with brands like Dove, Simple & Vaseline. The PC R&D Deploy Skin Care team is responsible for all go-to-market activities for the EU portfolio, including launching new technologies in Europe and extending existing ranges, as well as supporting Supply Chain. The PC Deploy team works closely together with the R&D Design (global development centres), and regional functional teams such as Brand Development, Supply Chain, and Procurement.
The Specification technologist role is part of the Skin Europe Cluster Design team. The job holder is responsible for the overall management of the specification process including the development and maintenance of product specifications (ingredients, formulation) of products deployed in Europe from the Skin category.
The job holder will work closely with other development functions, especially formulation and processing.
- Create and maintain specifications in PLM according to agreed quality standards
- Create and maintain product and process specifications in PLM for each Sourcing Unit according to agreed quality standards.
- Transfer of information between Development, Supply Chain (sourcing units, category logistics and procurement)
- Specification first point of contact for a particular portfolio of products
- Part of cross functional (innovation) project teams, participating in team meeting as needed
- Working seamlessly together with fellow specification developers to ensure OTIF delivery of specifications.
Essential Experience, Skills & Qualifications:
MSc in Chemistry or other science area desirable
Attention to detail
Good communication skills,
Excellent organizational skills,
Knowledge and experience in setting up and maintaining quality and document management systems or an affinity for working with databases,
Knowledge of personal care products or product development experience in HPC and/or Foods categories is an advantage
Excellent PC/IT skills,
Being able to work independently as well as in team, positive and pro-active attitude.