Stock Controller - Chatham
STOCK CONTROLLER/STORES PERSON
£18,040 PER ANNUM
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Stores Person/Stock Controller to work for my client based in Chatham. My client is a FTSE 100 engineering support services company who work closely with the Armed Forces, Metropolitan Police and Ministry of Defence. My client wish to appoint a Stores Operator, reporting to the Stores Supervisor to provide stores and equipment in order to support training and routine business in any nominated store.
- Issue on demand stores and equipment (both Government Furnished Equipment (GFE) and Transferred Assets (TA))
- Complete issues, demands, receipts and the replenishment of all items held on account
- Maintain all paperwork relating to stores accounts
- Identify and report to the Stores Supervisor any shortfalls of any commodity that may have an effect on training and/or future requirements
- Responsible for supporting continuous improvement within the department and contribution towards the RSME contracts continuous improvement targets
- Utilise management information systems to account for and maintain equipment
- Assist with internal and external audits
- Assist in stock checks of any stores account
- Complete all daily/ weekly checks required for any stores account
- Ensure all store areas and equipment items are kept clean, tidy and in a serviceable condition and where applicable, ready for issue.
- Assist in collating monthly and quarterly returns for checking by the Logistics Manager
- Deliver porterage services
- Maintain IFS Queue Management system and ensure all focus dates are adhered to
- Maintain IFS Inventory Management for all Transferred Assets
- Assist other stores within the Stores department.
- Carry out Fire Warden duties
- Ensure Company health, safety and environmental procedures are implemented and complied with at all times.
- Complete any other tasks that are deemed within your area of competence
Technical Experience and Qualifications
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent (including Maths & English).
- Experience of working within a stores/warehouse environment
- Hold a current full manual driving licence suitable for use in the UK
- Computer literate in Microsoft packages
- Fork lift truck operator
- Knowledge of military accounting system (MJDI-MA)
- Knowledge of military asset management system (JAMES)
- Knowledge of IFS
- PAT testing City and Guilds
- Knowledge of accommodation booking system (TAFMIS)
- Security Cleared (Armoury/Ammunition Store/CSB)
- Confidence and interpersonal skills to engage at all levels
- Customer focused with the ability to build positive working relationships
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Resilient and tenacious with a tendency to persevere
- Ability to work under pressure in a dynamic and changing environment
- Forward looking with a holistic approach
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Innovative with a continuous improvement and change focus
For more information on this role please contact me on 01895 205493 or email me at Jamie.Rogan @ manpower .co .uk
"Stores" Stock" "Stock Control" "Stores Person" "Logistics" "Distribution" "Receipt" "Goods" "Audit" "Supply Chain" "Inventory" "Operator" "Warehouse" "Distribution"