An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our client Leading Global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum are currently looking for a Lab Technician for Hair Packaging based at their prestigious facility in the Research and Development site a Port Sunlight. This is a full-time temporary role for a period of 6 months, working a 37.5-hour week. This role is paying £20,010 per annum, pro rata, depending on experience and is an ASAP start; therefore, they can only consider candidates who have a 2-week notice period or less.
- Support all assigned packaging testing as part of pooled resource system, ensuring adherence to set procedures and processes.
- To be measured against ability to complete work within assigned time and to the agreed standards.
- Performance to be evidenced against delivery on agreed weekly plan.
- Weekly planning of Hair lab work, including assisting with occasional assigning of work to other techs, and reporting to resource meeting.
- Demonstrate knowledge of key testing equipment and understanding of the interpretation of the test results generated.
Day to Day Duties:
- Testing of new products.
- Ensure all testing is performed in a hygienic and safe way (may have to move boxes).
- Expected to attend briefing meetings on upcoming testing. These are held with the programme teams.
- Expected to attend end of testing meetings to support the programme teams with analysis of the results. (Need to have some appreciation of what the results are and what impacted the outcome).
Candidate Experience and Attributes:
- Previous experience of working in a laboratory setting is a must.
- People to have worked in chemical laboratory testing would be highly desirable.
- Ability to use excel.
- The ideal candidate needs to understand the processes and safety requirements of a laboratory and speak up if processes are not being followed.
- Very good communication skills - verbal and written.
- Looking for someone responsible, ambitious and self-motivated with a desire to bring ideas to the table and learn in the role.