Location: Aldershot, Hampshire (visits to other CTP sites will be necessary)
Job Type: Full-time - 12 Months FTC
We are looking to recruit a Training Operations Manager on an initial 12 months fixed term contract, to manage delivery of high quality vocational training at the Career Transition Partnership's flagship Resettlement Training Centre (RTC) in Aldershot and in regional centres and external locations across UK.
The Career Transition Partnership (CTP) is a partnership between Right Management and the MOD delivering resettlement services to personnel about to leave the Armed Forces.
This is a demanding role, responsible for the day to day running of the RTC and includes managerial responsibility for all RTC staff and functions carried out on site.
The Training Operations Manager will be instrumental in planning, monitoring and ensuring delivery of a range of courses over 4 disciplines including Management, Electrical Engineering, IT and Building Trades. All delivery must be in accordance with awarding body and MOD contractual conditions.
The successful candidate will have a range of skills to include project management, planning and resource management, people and performance management, problem solving and decision making, strong budgetary and P&L understanding, negotiating and influencing skills together with commercial experience and working in a training environment.
The key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Day to day management of vocational training delivery at the RTC in Aldershot covering 4 departments.
- Overseeing delivery of vocational training in the regions to include monitoring of quality and taking any necessary remedial action.
- Achievement of Vocational Training revenue targets.
- Setting and managing performance standards and expectations in accordance with the CTP competency framework.
- Achievement of all Key Performance Indicators as dictated by both the MOD Contract and by the business.
- Accurate budgetary forecasting with a clear understanding of trend analysis to inform effective management of resources within the region.
- Course planning for delivery at the RTC and in the regions
- Compliance with all quality standards as set by the business.
- Staff management and development
We are looking for:
- In-depth experience of managing a busy centre or team
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Project and programme management experience.
- A proactive approach to developing the growth of training delivery to a high standard.
- Knowledge of the military is not essential but may be an advantage in the role.
- Knowledge of the accreditation system for commercially recognised training courses.
What we can offer you:
- A competitive salary
- A range of excellent benefits including EAP, private healthcare, pension plus much more.
- We pride ourselves on our high ethical standards and our strong company values and we are committed to the development of our employees.
Closing date for applications is 8 February 2019.
Applicants should provide a covering letter outlining competencies and experience relevant for this role, along with a CV. Please note only applicants providing a covering letter and CV will be considered.