Product Development Technologist (Food)
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our Global FMCG Client, are currently seeking a Product Development Technologist for their Magnum Ice Cream brand, based at the Sharnbrook, Bedfordshire, MK44- (Just a 40-minute drive from Milton Keynes)!
This is a full-time temporary role for a period of 6 months, working a 37.5 hour week. This role is paying £26,000 per annum pro rata.
Main Job Purpose:
The Ice Cream Research & Development group is based in Colworth, UK and is responsible for delivering consumer relevant, cost effective innovations based on existing and new technologies for its global ice cream portfolio. Applying for this job, you will be responsible to participate in delivering the above for the biggest global ice cream brand, Magnum.
As an R&D Technologist this role is to technically support the project teams in delivery of the global and European regional projects related to innovation, renovation, quality and value improvement. The applicant should have a passion for food and ice cream, be self-driven and organized and with a strong hands-on practical approach. A good knowledge in formulation design and creative product design skills together with strong team-working and communication skills are essential for the role. Experience and confidence in use of computer-based laboratory management systems is an advantage in the role.
The role can offer the successful candidate strong experience in the range of activities undertaken by a global brand and in the delivery of global & regional projects and it is based in Colworth (UK).
- Support the Technology Project Leader in all aspects of technical project delivery to deliver on multiple projects sometimes within tight timescales.
- To develop as part of the project team the creative product design, formulation definition, laboratory and pilot plant prototypes, cost and quality assessments, and with a focus towards UL Sustainable Living Plan commitments such as reduced waste and improved nutrition.
- Technical project scoping to include experimental design and utilization of product management systems.
- Bring or work closely with chefmanship, liaise with other functions such as ingredient and formulation experts, process and packaging to deliver prototypes that fit within the scope of a project.
- Lead and manage pilot plant trials and prototype/product development to support project technical evaluation.
- Interact with the cross-functional Magnum brand team including Global R&D team, Brand Development, Supply Chain, Procurement and R&D.
Experience & Qualifications:
University degree/diploma or equivalent experience (preferably in the food area) - Experience in the food industry, especially in product formulation and design. Experience in chefmanship is an advantage but not essential.
- Strong self-drive and organizational skills. - Attention to detail especially in experimentation, data recording and analysis. - Global mindset in understanding consumers and their markets
- An eye for delivering quality
- Creative product design and problem solving
-Holding self and others accountable for delivery