Manpower are recruiting for Cat B/van drivers to deliver and collect parcels on a multi-drop basis within a defined geographical area for one of the UK's leading delivery companies. You will be providing excellent customer service in a front facing role, representing our client to the general public.
* Maintaining integrity and ownership when handling packages, to make certain product is securely delivered to the correct address.
* Completing assigned deliveries within time allocated on the designated route. Initiative, knowledge and skill should be used to anticipate and resolve any day to day issues.
* Ensuring scanning compliance at all times with the accurate use of the hand held terminals.
* Accurate completion of all relevant paperwork.
* Ensuring all activities are undertaken in accordance with appropriate security and Health and Safety legislation and policies.
* Maintain a clean and tidy appearance together with a professional courteous manner to all customers and colleagues.
* Maintaining contact with the depot, ensuring any issues are communicated throughout the day.
* Loading and unloading of vehicles, vehicle compliance and daily checks.
* Where necessary some warehouse duties will be required to meet the needs of the business, along with the manual handling of heavier and large items.
* Liaise with internal and external support services within the agreed SLA to resolve daily issues affecting daily service.
Skills & Experience
* Experience of driving a light commercial vehicle and currently hold a valid category B driving licence (with no more than 6 points).
* Experience of multi-drop deliveries (upwards of 20 stops per day).
* Ability to deliver good customer service.
* Organised and able to work on own initiative.
* Good geographical awareness and/or map reading skills.
* Knowledge of working time directive.
Interested? Apply today online or call our branch on 01324 485090