BIM Manager required in the Leeds area.
Position: BIM Manager
Salary: £45,000 per annum
Hours: 40 Hours per week
As the senior authority for Building Information Modelling (BIM) this role will drive and support the use of digital information within the OSS business, ensuring compliance with industry standards, policy in order to achieve a consistent approach across the business that will meet client requirements. This person will be expected to lead the implementation of the use of bim within the business plus guide and mentor others in its use.
Line management report to Head of Design Liaising at all levels of the wider organisation from Directors to on-site delivery teams and supply chain partners.
Responsibilities will cover various BIM Management elements, including; work winning, design phases, construction phases, handover, soft landings and the entire lifecycle of a construction project. This person will report progress and highlight any risk to senior managers to ensure support is given to achieve accelerated adoption of digital construction techniques. Contributions will also be made to wider group activities to help maintain a consistent approach and strategy across Algeco Group, promoting best practice and sharing of knowledge.
* Responsible for development, implementation and enforcement of group BIM Standards
* Accountable for raising awareness and the profile of BIM within the business. Train and support others in BIM software and standards
* Prepare / assist in preparation of BEPs , MIDP , TIDP and ongoing monitoring of implementation at project level .Undertake the role of Information Manager on projects where required to do so.
* Responsible for ensuring Employers Information Requirements and Asset Information Requirements are responded to and delivered across project(s)
* Responsible for the completion of external supply chain capabilities assessment for the business / project * Supporting and auditing the project team with fulfilling standards, methods and procedures using specified software/workflows.
* Undertake clash detection and support internal and external teams to resolve issues.
* Be responsible for ensuring business has the appropriate departmental BIM/digital champions to support implementation/sharing best practice and lead workshop sessions.
* Responsible for strategic alignment, assurance, training initiatives, marketing and internal/external communications relating to BIM for the business.
* Promoting the company BIM capabilities to key clients and supporting supply chain engagement workshops.
* To be responsible for ensuring projects are supported adequately with respect to resourcing and hardware/software deployment.
* Ensure any new innovations are fed back into the appropriate business unit/project platform.
* Act as technical interface with IT Support team
* Assist the design office with the development of a bim library and
* Standardised approach to manufacturing details.
* Assist the Head of design with the implementation of Viewpoint (CDE) to extend the use of its functionality within the business and the migration of information from the current server to Viewpoint.
* Assist in driving a cultural change within the business to embrace new technologies and change.
Job experience & skills requirements
* A strong communicator and a proven ability to build positive working relationships, internally/externally across all levels of management
* Strong leadership skills with a strategic interest
* Confident and assertive to enable challenges to be overcome and risks escalated.
* Ability to coordinate and manage own and others workload and prioritise accordingly to supporting project delivery
* Ability to coach/mentor others
* Resilient, positive & confident character
* You must be keen to use new technologies to improve traditional ways of working * Innovate by sharing ideas and challenging standard practices
* A desire to drive efficiencies thorough continuous improvement
* A self-starter who possess the drive to pursue continued education on BIM and related technologies Work Experience:
* Experience of implementing BS & PAS 1192 suite of standards and knowledge of related ISOs.
* Experience implementing BIM within the construction industry working for a main contractor, consultancy or architectural practice
* Understanding of appropriate software tools to view and interrogate models.
* Expert working knowledge of Autodesk software (specifically Revit), good knowledge of other platforms beneficial * Relevant BIM Qualifications/Degree or Courses
* CSCS Card beneficial but training can be provided Occasional travel to sites, client meetings and manufacturing sites will be required
If you are interested please apply or contact Keisha on 01895 205 493