Armourer needed to work in the Telford area.
Salary: £24,969 per annum
Location: Donnington, Telford
Hours: 37 hours per week
Are you looking for a new exciting position that will challenge your skills and ability? This could be the job for you.
Working as part of a team to carry out Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) tasks on a variety of weapon systems. Carrying out equipment examination and repair to meet production requirements in line with plan.
- Carry out work to the required standard and specification as detailed on the Baan job card in accordance with AESP acceptable quality levels, customer requirements, current regulations, local instructions, process plans and other technical publications.
- Undertake MRO activity both in workshop and customer specified locations off-site when deployed as part of a mobile support team.
- Security awareness and ability to keep accurate data of weapon transactions both in and out of the department.
- Making accurate material demands, stocktaking and material accountability for items supplied.
- Maintain the requirements of COSHH, Health & Safety and other statutory regulations. Ensure a good standard of housekeeping, cleanliness and safety in his work area to ensure the correct disposal of any hazardous or waste products
- Maintain tools and equipment in a good serviceable order, reporting any faults to the Supervisor and is responsible for their security at all times.
- Ensure Company health, safety and environmental procedures are implemented and complied with at all times.
- Execute other minor duties commensurate with grade and post on occasional basis as detailed by his / her Line Management chain.
Technical Experience and Qualifications
- Recognised Engineering apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3.
- Have a clear personal history to allow a police background check to be completed to allow a RFD (Registered Firearms Dealer) application to be successful
- Experience working in a production or maintenance environment
If you are interested please send you CV or contact me on 01895 205 493.