Senior Accounts Payable
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our client Leading Global FMCG company are currently looking for a Senior Accounts Payable for their TIGI haircare brand. This is a full-time temporary role for a period of 8 months, working a 37 hour week Monday to Friday paying up to £27,030 per annum, pro rata. The role will be based at the offices in Marston Gate, Milton Keynes (MK43).
Main purpose of the Job:
Processing and paying supplier invoices within payment terms and reconciling payments. Ensuring policies and procedures are followed in relation to payment and drive process changes and improvements within accounts payable team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Key contact for resolving issues within accounts payable with either payment dates or payment queries.
- Maintain good supplier relations and communication.
- Ensure that supplier master files are maintained accurately and resolve if not correct.
- Maintain financial controls to ensure that only authorized invoices are available for payment through PO process or signed invoices.
- Prepare and publish accounts payable KPIs in relation to number of invoices/currency/vendors to help drive learnings.
- Dealing with multi-currency payments and estimating the USD purchase necessary for month.
- Managing weekly payment run linking Oracle with the bank.
- Dealing with queries from suppliers and internal TIGI employees.
- Manage relationship with the internal and external travel management company; accruing where necessary if invoice not received.
- Aid in the annual external audit and internal audit.
- Administer changes in bank accounts for the company and deal with bank enquires.
- Resolving payment queries from internal TIGI employees
- Manage process improvement to improve PO approval process and understanding within the business.
- Resolving PO queries from TIGI departments.
- Reconciling our largest creditor TIGI Linea with US statement provided by US controller.
- Aligning on UL process and adopting to TIGI where appropriate.
- Month End Responsibilities
- Ensure Balance Sheet reconciliations are completed on a monthly basis and resolving any reconciling items within the month.
- Responsible for closing the month within oracle for accounts payable.
- Month end journals for zero balancing bank accounts and interest postings to reduce the number of reconciling items in regard to bank recs.
- Revaluation calculation and journal posting of foreign currency bank accounts.
- Accounts Payable Experience in a similar role
- Excel super user, competent in Excel for journals, use of Pivot Tables, Formulas,
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Able to multi-task