Job Outline: The Premises Manager (PM) will be part of the School team. The PM will share the School's aims for the pupils, support and contribute towards its policies of equal opportunity, behaviour management and independence skills. The PM is the link between Our client and the school and is responsible for supervising the security, cleaning, health and safety, heating and ventilation and general maintenance within the School premises and grounds to the standards set by the client.
- Main key holder responsible for unlocking and locking school premises; setting and monitoring alarms.
- Responsible for site security ensuring access to keys given only to authorised personnel and site is secure at the end of each day of use.
- To be the primary site contact with contractors, supervising, signing off completed work, keeping records of same and all deliveries.
- To complete limitation of access of sub-contractors as required.
- Maintain a full cleaning service to the school, directly managing the cleaning team using the team supervisor effectively to achieve the required standard inside and out. Undertake site specific tasks such as the cleaning of slippery floors, floods, spillages, and bodily fluids (which are not on children or their clothing), cleaning off or painting out graffiti, removal of litter, sweeping play areas and general janitorial duties.
- Assisting with pulling together detailed work plans for school holidays and taking part in delivering/carrying out these plans.
- Undertaking first line maintenance repairs following malicious damage or accidental breakage, including changing lamps and cleaning diffusers, following health and safety guidelines always.
- Carry out all assigned planned maintenance tasks, noting any remedial works required, and escalating accordingly. Ensuring up to date records are kept of all completed tasks
- To assist Police, Fire, Safety and Security Officers when appropriate and follow fire safety precautions during drills and incidents.
- Co-operate with the authority, civic agencies, Tower Hamlets Schools Limited and management to ensure that the premise is maintained in a lawful and safe conditions
- To assist the Head teacher and colleagues by providing portering, services managed through the Helpdesk at all times.
- To monitor the safe and efficient operation of gas, water and electrical services, including the heating system and call the helpdesk for back-up when a failure is detected. The helpdesk should be contacted on every occasion when assistance is required.
- Read & record utility consumption monthly data on proforma and return to main office
- Undertake and record weekly cleaning audits to monitor cleanliness of premises
- Review, each week, the issued help desk live event report and report events satisfactorily completed. To review and report any anomaly identified in the
- Report to the helpdesk, in good time, reported building faults, support services delivery failures and services Where the premises manager is directly accountable for service delivery, such as cleaning it is expected that they will be responsible for and take a lead role in providing remedy and then to report continued non-conformance to the helpdesk.
- Ensure all COSHH assessments are in place and up to date
Undertake and record monthly check of firefighting equipment
Undertake and record weekly flick test on to central power supply
- Personal smartness and efficiency are expected, and appropriate safety dress and equipment is provided.
- Use appropriate speech and behaviour in the presence of children.
- Attend training courses as required.
- Assist our client in meeting its contractual obligations with regards to service provision at the school.
- Maintain an organised work environment and filing system within company guidelines within the allocated space.
- Attend and deliver Premises Management services on any of the school across the Tower Hamlets Schools contract as and when the business demands.
- Any other reasonable request by management.