Estimator required for a well known leading providing modular space building company.
Salary: £35,000 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
To ensure that incoming enquiries into the business for both Sale and Rental opportunities are dealt with in a professional, timely manner, are accurate in order to maximise the best margin or return possible for the business.
Reporting to the Estimating Manager
* Review incoming enquiries, establishing the full scope of works, identifying both items of in-house manufacture and subcontract specialist services, liaising with Sales to resolve queries
* Liaison with external suppliers and Subcontractors over identified services ensuring that the services that they are offering are compliant with our clients needs, where not clearly identify and qualify.
* Qualify bid with any necessary risk items and exclusions/qualifications.
* Produce an accurate estimate of cost for each individual project from the estimate system/drawing and/or template creating and sourcing special non-standard prices and entering onto the system to develop the database for future use. Estimates created using Excel. Apply margins and ROI's in accordance with the companies pricing policy.
* Produce specification (Word) and presentational information to compliment the drawing and estimate.
* Liaise with internal departments such as Purchasing, Development, Electrical over their relevant areas of work, as well as subcontractors for quotations for non in-house items
* Attend in-house & external project meetings as necessary, to enable the successful and cost effective running of enquiries.
* Be mindful of deadlines and achieve where possible but keep all involved informed of any delays.
Job experience & skills requirements
* Good communication/presentation skills
* Working well as a team and on own initiative when necessary
* Capable of meeting deadlines
* High level of drive, energy and initiative, entrepreneurial, proactive, focused, tenacious and committed, with high standards and achievement orientation
* Good team player
* Good numeracy and computer skills
* Knowledge of materials/construction methods
* Knowledge of Building Regulations & British Standards and how to apply them.
* Experience within the System Building Market would be extremely useful
Some travel will be required
Has proven experience and ability to work effectively with internal and/or external customers.
Recognised building qualification ONC, HNC or degree would be an advantage
If you are suitable for this position please apply.