Data Privacy Advisor
A highly relevant and important opportunity has arisen within the UK arm of a global organisation. The Data Privacy Advisor will support the Data Privacy Officer with the provision of strategic advice, planning and compliance with all aspects of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Data Protection Act 2018 and associated legislation and guidance.
The Data Privacy Advisor will support with conducting audits and advising on Data Protection Impact Assessments, ensuring safeguards are in place so that personal data held is compliant with the Data Protection related legislation, protocols, guidance and standards.
- Proven knowledge and practical application of Data Protection Legislation, information management principles and other relevant legislation.
- Interact professionally with both internal and external customers, ensuring that data protection needs and expectations are appropriately understood, managed and delivered.
- Engage closely with the Operational teams to clearly understand current processes, providing support and being able to provide an expert view on how the issues can be addressed.
- Be able to use expert knowledge to improve the understanding of colleagues, translating technical terminology as appropriate to ensure effective communication.
- Ensure that data analysis models optimally support the underlying business processes as efficiently as possible, maintaining simplicity and focus upon deliverables and user requirements.
- Ensure that appropriate documentation is delivered in a timely manner ensuring accuracy and quality of outpu(s) at all times.
- Proactive, analytical approach to problem solving and the ability to see a project through from inception to completion.
- Gain an enhanced understanding of systems and how they inter-relate to be able to provide a view of the relationships and implications of potential changes
- Display a flexible approach to change whilst maintaining effective work behaviour, meeting challenges and remaining calm in the face of adversity.
- Work closely with colleagues to generate new and innovative ideas for improving the way that the systems and business processes employed
- Demonstrate an ability to think ahead and anticipate opportunities and problems and actively anticipate the impact of decisions on a wider environment.
Relevant Skills, Experience and Attributes:
- Experience in One Trust Solution technology a distinct advantage - desirable not essential
- Certified Institute of Privacy Professionals membership desirable
- Data Protection practical skills of at least 5 years
- Ability to analyse and interpret information related legislation
- Experience of the systems and processes employed by company systems is an advantage
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels and functions across the entire organisation
- Ability to present data protection requirements
- Ability to effectively operate as part of a team or as an individual as required
- Ability to influence change to drive operational performance and efficiency
This highly relevant and interesting role has the advantage of flexible working, based mainly from home with 1-2 days in Uxbridge, London or other UK locations, with possible overnight stay.