Manpower are pleased to be recruiting for a Wire Winder on behalf of our busy client based in Luton. This is a permanent position starting immediately.
Pay Rate: £18,400 per annum
Hours of work: 8am - 4pm Monday - Friday
To be responsible for the winding of production and repair aviation components for power generation equipment
- Winding of stators, rotors, field coils and armatures using specialized enamel coated copper wire, a variety of hand tools and test equipment.
- Solvent degreasing of components using ultrasonic cleaning equipment.
- Brazing of connections using resistance & flame welding equipment.
- Electrical testing using resistance and high voltage test equipment.
- Undertake dimensional checks using verniers, height gauges, micrometres and check gauges
- To represent and positively promote the organisation at all levels
- Participate in training and personal development activities as required
- To comply with all Company policies and procedures and support Company initiatives
- To undertake any other reasonable tasks as may be required by the line manager or Directors
- Adhere to Health and Safety requirements and take responsibility for the health and safety of yourself and others at all times.
- To comply with all legal and statutory obligations applicable to the role
About the Candidate:
- ability to work well in multidiscipline/cross-functional teams
- Strong organisation skills and excellent attention to detail
- Detailed, ability to work under pressure, to tight deadlines and multi task
- Strong communicator (written and verbal)
- Well organised and self-motivated
- Numerate & literate (GCSE or equivalent Maths & English) (essential)
- Engineering qualification NVQ Level 2 / 3 (desirable)
- High degree of dexterity and attention to detail
- Able to accurately follow written and verbal guidance - this requires a good level of written and spoken English
- Motivated and flexible
- Disciplined, organised, able to work under pressure with excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Team worker
- Able to interpret and comply with health, safety, quality and compliance processes
- Able to produce work to a high standard and quality
If this sounds like the role for you then apply now!