Qualification Testing / Quality Control
This large expanding company South of Cambridge are looking for Quality /Qualification Laboratory Technicians.Duties will include Lab work (tests, records & preparation), must have good written and communication skills and ideally have relevant experience.
The selected individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following obligations:
- Carrying out laboratory work, including specimen fabrication, non-destructive examination, strain gauge preparation and physical & mechanical testing of composite materials (along with other experimental work), as directed by the qualification project leader or shift supervisor
- Keeping suitable written records of work, including accurate input of data into qualification individual results sheets. Writing small-scale reports. Aiding with compilation of appendices and input data into customer formats
- Ensuring that relevant safety requirements are satisfied during all work operations and to communicate any HSE violations
- Ensuring work areas in the laboratory are left in a clean and tidy condition. Actively supporting 5S activities
- Maintaining and improving practical knowledge in the techniques used. Relevant training needs should be identified early and personally addressed. Improvements in working knowledge and / or work flow should be clearly demonstrated
- Aiding with discussions, demonstrations and witnessing with customers, visitors and staff
- Coaching new and existing laboratory staff in any area of expertise.
- Ensuring laboratory stocks of equipment, chemicals and other materials relevant to the testing procedures are maintained
- Good verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Ability to carry out general calculations and have a scientific understanding / approach
- A good level of reading comprehension to understand written instructions and specifications, as well as being able to interpret relevant drawings
- Computer literate e.g. Microsoft office suite
- Good comprehension of the whole technical area, from laminate manufacture through to final testing and interpretation of results
- Ideally have job relevant experience from previous employment